• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLBTradeRumors: The Angels' Promising Young Lefties

jsnpritchett

8 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Not "news" to anyone here, really, but a nice, detailed write-up about Sandoval, Detmers, and Suarez. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/09/angels-pitchers-breakouts-reid-detmers-patrick-sandoval.html

A great core to go with Ohtani. I think the Angels need to sign one top tier, or at least a second tier FA and then let one of the following battle it out for the 6th man in the rotation:

Canning, C-Rod, Bush, Silseth. Granted Canning and C-Rod are healthy. 

That's a pretty damn good rotation if you ask me.

Ohtani, FA addition, Sandoval, Detmers, Suarez, one of the above or a cheaper FA signing like a Cueto.

I'd like to kick the 6 man rotation to the curb and put Ohtani in a 5 man rotation. He is a big boy now and should showcase his talent for 32 games instead of 26. He can get his rest the day after pitching by letting someone else DH. I believe this would create the best path to winning more games. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I'd like to kick the 6 man rotation to the curb and put Ohtani in a 5 man rotation. He is a big boy now and should showcase his talent for 32 games instead of 26. He can get his rest the day after pitching by letting someone else DH. I believe this would create the best path to winning more games. 

This too! 

9 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Not "news" to anyone here, really, but a nice, detailed write-up about Sandoval, Detmers, and Suarez. 

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/09/angels-pitchers-breakouts-reid-detmers-patrick-sandoval.html

Nice - but I'd suggest skipping the first 4 or 5 paragraphs - again, not "news", but it doesn't make the stank any less pungent ... 🤢

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

While I'd like to see the Angels go back to a 5-man rotation, I'd also hate to mess with what is working for Ohtani. 

There are hybrid approaches, though. If the Angels went back to a 5-man, they could stick to the order in weeks where there's an off-day between Ohtani starts, but when there isn't, they just push his start back by a day and insert someone like Barria or Junk, or go with an opener. So he might start 28-30 games. Meaning, it doesn't have to be 26 or 32, but could be somewhere between. They could add to this by giving him a few more rest days at DH, but available to pinch hit.

So rather than 25-26 GS/155 DH OR 32 GS/155 DH, it could be 28-30 GS/145 DH/5-10 PH.

Edited by Angelsjunky

I like the six man rotation. I wouldn't move away from that. 

I don't think the Angels will be in a financial position to make any big signings with the sale incoming. So I'd like to see an Ohtani trade and reloading of the farm system so that some upside starting pitching can join that core of three lefties. 

Even Bush, Erla and Rodriguez. 

Either way, I want to see the Angels enter 2024 with a young, inexpensive, stud rotation and bullpen. 

So, lets asse these young guys;

Both Sandy and Detmers are pitching like solid 2/3 in this rotation and this is a postive. Suarez i could argue is pitching better than a 4, he's pitching like a solid 3. 

We got Othani, Sandy,Detmers, Suarez as locks int eh rotation. Hopefully the sales issue is resolved by the offseason and we can add atleast a middle of the rotation arm or better.