• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Callaspo is not that special

I haven't seen anyone claiming he's special.

But he has been a solid regular here, and even with a poor 2013 thus far, he should have appeal if shopped considering the commitment is pretty small and the shallow talent pool at the position.

getting back to callaspo, what is it that fans expect out of this guy? without quoting any advanced metrics, he seems to do pretty good lh bat, + arm, above average leather. guess i don't get the widespread dislike for this guy. actually a pretty good placeholder until that kid in aaa comes of age.

It's funny how one particular position can be so hard in certain years for a MLB team to fill.

Just how many solid overall 3B are there in MLB? 

Cabrera (moving there to make room for Fielder), Wright, Beltre, Zimmerman, and maybe still A. Ramirez and maybe eventually Donaldson and Dominguez; and then who else? 

It's funny how one particular position can be so hard in certain years for a MLB team to fill.

Just how many solid overall 3B are there in MLB? 

Cabrera (moving there to make room for Fielder), Wright, Beltre, Zimmerman, and maybe still A. Ramirez and maybe eventually Donaldson and Dominguez; and then who else? 

What's odd is, then teams like the Nats and the Padres have 2 quality 3B's.  

I haven't seen anyone claiming he's special.

But he has been a solid regular here, and even with a poor 2013 thus far, he should have appeal if shopped considering the commitment is pretty small and the shallow talent pool at the position.

Callaspo has been solid? I distinctly remember at least two games within the last couple of weeks in where his defense was one of the major contributors to losses. He is not solid at all.

5 million in today's market really isn't that bad. That's pretty much average.

I think trading Callaspo would get the team a "C" prospect at best. Maybe a SP for depth. Either way I don't think it makes a huge difference whether the team trades him or keeps him.