• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WIll the Angels have a new owner before the start of the 2023 season?

beatlesrule

Will the Angels have a new owner before the start of the 2023 season?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Angels have a new owner before the start of the 2023 season?

• Yes
    • No

On 1/12/2023 at 10:23 AM, Inside Pitch said:

Towel warmers, heated cleat warmers, padded toilet seats.  I couldn't give two shits what they want so long as the players see playing for the Angels as a premium experience.

But hey, maybe that team plane from Major League is around if they really wanted to save a buck or two.  Or even better, ignore the players and sign whatever mediocrity coming off a plus season tickles the fanbase's fancy..

So never mentioned this before. But funny to read this...

Some years back I remember having a conversation with some guys. A few Angels, and a handful of guys who had played here at some point.

This is one of the things that came up.

Not towel warmers (or maybe it did, we were drinking). But it was explicitly told to me that in terms of other teams, the Angels were pretty cheap at the little things like this...

It sounds like whining, of course. Millionaires and thr like complaining about things like the clubhouse food. But them again, it sort of makes sense. 

Option A is to work for a company that is cheap through and through, aside from a handful of mega-contracts. Option B is to go somewhere that provides more quality to the employee.

Again... I'll stress here that when I explained the real world to these guys they were baffled. They're all pretty spoiled.

But let's say you have the option to play for a team that has a top of the line gym, steak for dinner, and gets nice hotels on the road. Vs a team with some old Joe Weider workout equipment, gets subway sandwiches every game, and books rooms at the travel lodge.