• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WIll the Angels have a new owner before the start of the 2023 season?

beatlesrule

Will the Angels have a new owner before the start of the 2023 season?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Angels have a new owner before the start of the 2023 season?

• Yes
    • No

I still say no. For two reasons: We haven't heard anything about potential ownership groups (not that we necessarily would) and these things (especially when you're talking billions of dollars) will necessarily take time. Someone isn't plunking down $3B without doing their due diligence. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Or Arte keeps things close to the vest and we may not find out until they are down to one name. 

Right.  Given the way Arte has operated over the years, with basically no rumors or leaks of information, I figure we will hear about it once he has agreed to sell to someone and it is going to the other owners for approval.  Basically - we will likely only hear at the very end of the process.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2023 at 8:11 PM, Taylor said:

You and @Tank could probably team up and make a competitive offer. @mrwicked is available to invest.

I am interested.

But if I get involved we do away w/ this "family value" crap and go right to trashy cheerleaders, bikini-bar concession girls walking around who throw jello-shots, better booze, a cigar/whiskey lounge and two in-n-outs onsite.

On 12/7/2022 at 1:39 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

"Sounds good. Just run it by my accountant" - Arte

"Uh, you fired him to sign Matt Harvey, Mr. M." - Carpino

Arte: "Oh, uh, no problem. We'll just scout and train one." 

Carpino: "You fired your scouting staff too when Roberto Baldoquin didn't pan out." 

Arte: "I did? Hmmm, alright, just get one on the open market."

Carpino: "Will do chief. It'll slightly bump us over the luxury tax li..."

Arte: "NEVER!"

7 hours ago, mrwicked said:

I am interested.

But if I get involved we do away w/ this "family value" crap and go right to trashy cheerleaders, bikini-bar concession girls walking around who throw jello-shots, better booze, a cigar/whiskey lounge and two in-n-outs onsite.

Cool. Let me make a few calls and I’ll get back to you. 

Lunch at IHOP tomorrow like we usually do?