• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WIll the Angels have a new owner before the start of the 2023 season?

beatlesrule

Will the Angels have a new owner before the start of the 2023 season?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Angels have a new owner before the start of the 2023 season?

• Yes
    • No

I can't imagine that someone who is truly interested in buying the Angels would not want to do so in the shortest time-frame possible. In that, they will not only have a chance to extend such a marketable, once-in-a-lifetime talent like Ohtani but, given the impressive list of 2023 free-agents, the impetus (if they can get it done) will be there to try & sign 1 or more to reap an immediate ROI/improve the team same. Which will also include a high draft pick as well.

I voted Aaron judge because I think that his fpip is equal or better to his bslip. Which is a solid indicator that arte Moreno likes cheese danishes with his morning latte. That’s very telling when trying to determine if he prefers Pepsi over Coca Cola. Someone please check my math. 

8 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

I voted Aaron judge because I think that his fpip is equal or better to his bslip. Which is a solid indicator that arte Moreno likes cheese danishes with his morning latte. That’s very telling when trying to determine if he prefers Pepsi over Coca Cola. Someone please check my math. 

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

37 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

796c955f-cd66-4666-8528-d93a6f1f7730_text.gif.3073539952c765b400025af298d3f0d6.gif

I voted no.

But I do think Ohtani plays an unknown factor in this.

There are reportedly Japanese business people/companies interested in buying the Angels, and I’d have to think they lose most, if not all, interest if Ohtani is no longer with the Angels.

So in that sense, Arte may need to sell the team while Ohtani is still under team control so that he can maximize the sale price.

Funny - I think I'll be more enthusiastic this "hot-stove season" about a possible new owner instead of possible new players.  

Arte might've waited too long, though - rising interest rates (and an impending recession, and increased taxes on the wealthy) are going to be a headwind on any deal, especially any financed deal (which this would assuredly be.)

Not gonna weep for billionaires, mind - just may slow the process down a bit since it's entirely possible the value of the team drops below what he thought (and I have to think Ohtani is a significant impact on that valuation - he's a short-term asset, to be sure - but his value to a purchaser is still measured in the millions - and uncertainty over trading/extending or him walking away will have an effect.)

As mentioned, I don't think he did this out of the blue - likely, some potential buyers were talked to a long time before the announcement, so this may happen quicker than we think - I'm hoping a deal is reached before the New Year - unlikely, but I can hope.  

1 hour ago, DCAngelsFan said:

Arte might've waited too long, though - rising interest rates (and an impending recession, and increased taxes on the wealthy) are going to be a headwind on any deal, especially any financed deal (which this would assuredly be.)

I finally got into the stock market 2 months ago so a recession would likely make those stocks fall and I would look like a sap. Most of the articles I read said it was a good time to buy so no idea why they would state that if they knew a recession was coming. A sale of the team before the start of 2023 could happen or not happen depending on how serious Arte is. Is he asking for 3 billion and not budging? 4 billion? Forbes says they are worth 2.2 billion so I'm curious what Arte is asking. I don't feel like researching what teams sell for vs what Forbes has them valued at but I would guess they always sell for more and maybe a lot more.

3 hours ago, DCAngelsFan said:

and an impending recession

So strange I feel like I've been hearing about this impending recession ever since the beginning of 2021 and yet here we are, still waiting for this impending recession. It's almost like some people don't really know what causes a recession, but they keep talking about it over and over for years in hopes that some way or another it can be willed into existence.

I guess if people say there will be an impending recession long enough eventually when it does happen they can say they were right.

21 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I think so. The impending Ohtani free agency might be a catalyst for that. Though I base that on absolutely nothing.

The new owner may want to make an immediate impact like Arte did in 2004. Same as above.

Arte bought the team in 2003 but didnt get the reigns until May. Disney refused to invest in the roster after the World Series so they tanked that year. 

Time is running out for any new ownership to control what happens in the off season. 

22 hours ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

image.png