• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mark Trumbo isn't that good

Scott34

I dont know. I think they soured on Ike Davis pretty hard.

As far as filling Trumbo's production; Kole Calhoun. Not the same power but a good on base and contact guy who offers much better defense. And by mid season. of next year, Cron will fill Trumbo's role.

Mets are in the early stages of a rebuild-Ish thing.

Have a hard time seeing them forking over top prospects for a guy who will be gone by the time your big wave of talent arrives.

As do I.  If your were the Mets GM would you trade solid pitching prospects for Trumbo?

*not directing this question specifically at you shep.

I dont know. I think they soured on Ike Davis pretty hard.

As far as filling Trumbo's production; Kole Calhoun. Not the same power but a good on base and contact guy who offers much better defense. And by mid season. of next year, Cron will fill Trumbo's role.

so Kole Calhoun has a better upside than Trumbo, and/or Cron can fill his role but the Mets will trade top pitching talent for Trumbo who is clearly easily replaceable (apparently). Fat chance.

Yes. Harvey ace, Wheeler #2, plus David Wright and a huge market. it wont take long to get back in NL east. posted three pitching prospects a pa f2f e back that I dont think they would have a problem trading for a young, club controlMOTO bat.

I like Calhoun, but he still has a lot to prove before we can be sure if he can even play everyday.  Cron could be good but he could also completely flame out.  Minor leaguers are still unproven players no matter their potential. 

Point is, I think it's at least a year too early to trade Trumbo.  If CJ has a strong second half in 2013 and great half year in 2014 then maybe you move Trumbo at the ASB next year pending a similar team result 

Lifetime, I have no clue what you're saying. Are you really trying to tell us the pitching on this team is good? We have no depth, and no young arms coming up. That's why ppl are telling you Trumbo and Kendrick need to be traded but you just refuse to listen

Lifetime, I have no clue what you're saying? Are you really trying to tell us the pitching on this team is good? We have no depth, and no young arms coming up. That's why ppl are telling you Trumbo and Kendrick need to be traded but you just refuse to listen

if the goal was merely to replenish the farm system without worrying about the major league club then you would be right.  But it's not, so you're not. 

Doc, that's horse shit. The goal is to build up the pitching depth and talent in the minor leagues so that when we have injuries we can still be competitive. With Weaver and Wilson declining we need potential front of the line starters in our system. That's why we should trade some of our players...not like we're winning anything this year or anytime soon lmfao. Some of you need to pay attention to my posts a little better. I think you're getting confused

Lifetime, I have no clue what you're saying? 

is that a question?

Are you really trying to tell us the pitching on this team is good?

No, what give you that idea?

We have no depth, and no young arms coming up. That's why ppl are telling you Trumbo and Kendrick need to be traded but you just refuse to listen

Yes I know we have little to no depth,  and I know why people are telling me Trumbo and Kendrick need to be traded. I'm not refusing to listen, I'm refusing to agree with that being the best strategy. We don't need to stock depth of mediocre pitchers on the farm. I don't think there are too many, if any, trade partners that are going to give up major league ready or near major league ready quality pitching for Trumbo or Kendrick for that matter. But, like I said before in at least one of the multitude of threads like this, if one of those trade partners shows up and the return is a net gain for the team, you have to consider it. I don't see that happening, but it certainly could.

Doc, that's horse shit. The goal is to build up the pitching depth and talent in the minor leagues so that when we have injuries we can still be competitive. With Weaver and Wilson declining we need potential front of the line starters in our system. That's why we should trade some of our players...not like we're winning anything this year or anytime soon lmfao. Some of you need to pay attention to my posts a little better. I think you're getting confused

there is no confusion.  I get what you are saying.  I am saying that you are wrong. 

No one is confused except maybe you AA. That isn't going to happen. The Angels need to stay competitive while they rebuild their minor leagues. They cannot afford to decimate their big league roster for the sake of restocking the farm. The fact that they aren't winning this year does not justify gutting the team to restock the farm. It's just not going to happen. There is no fire sale pending. We are not going to get potential front line pitching by trading Trumbo or Kendrick.

Your right he does, my mistake. But i still had a valid question did i not? What good pitching prospects would a team trade for Trumbo?

Re: Grichuk Half a year in AA putting up a .797 ops does't exactly equal ready imo.

I never said he was ready. He isn't.

so first you say he'll be at Trumbo numbers in two years, quite a reach, then you claim that he'll be big league ready sometime next year - another reach. Tell you what, when Grichuk shows he's ready, let's talk about a Trumbo trade.

I don't see how the 2nd one is a reach at all.

And Trumbo will have minuscule value when Grichuk is hitting like he will in the bigs.

The whole point is to maximize the return for Trumbo. We need pitching.

I never said he was ready. He isn't.

Forgive me your exact quote was "Likely will be some point next year." I don't disagree with your point that he could develop into a similar player as Trumbo, the point I'm trying to make is that theres no reason to rush him to the bigs. Why not give him the rest of this year and 14 to prove he deserves a shot and then consider dealing Trumbo? I  also agree with you 100% that this team needs pitching and badly.

I'm not disagreeing with you Scott just for arguments sake I just share a different opinion on the current situation.

I don't see how the 2nd one is a reach at all.

And Trumbo will have minuscule value when Grichuk is hitting like he will in the bigs.

The whole point is to maximize the return for Trumbo. We need pitching.

and the whole counter point is, you're not going to get the return we need trading Trumbo and the fact of the matter is, we don't have an adequate replacement for Trumbo now or next year.