• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict the Angels Manager in 2023

BTH

Predict the Angels Manager in 2023  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Predict the Angels Manager in 2023

• New Manager is Hired from Outside the Angels Org
    • New Manager is Hired from Within the Angels Org
    • Phil Nevin is retained as Manager

This poll is closed to new votes

14 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I know who next year's manager is going to be. I can't tell you who it is, but I have some hints...

He's going to take the starters out too early. He's going to rest everyday players too much. He's going publicly say nice things about players who stink. He's going to be terrible at bullpen management. He's not going to have guys bunt enough. He's going to change the lineup all the time. He's going to refuse to just let young guys play everyday to get experience.

wait...I get it.  

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I know who next year's manager is going to be. I can't tell you who it is, but I have some hints...

He's going to take the starters out too early. He's going to rest everyday players too much. He's going publicly say nice things about players who stink. He's going to be terrible at bullpen management. He's not going to have guys bunt enough. He's going to change the lineup all the time. He's going to refuse to just let young guys play everyday to get experience.

will he have a mohawk, slick 70s era van, and enjoy drinking wine?

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I Know GIF by MOODMAN

also,

Joe Biden Politics GIF by The Democrats

5 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Also, he won't give revealing answers in press conferences.

11 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Without giving too much away, does this individual enjoy a regular plate of pasta made with flat-sheet noodles?

On 9/7/2022 at 11:06 AM, Swordsman78 said:

Since Aug 1 the Angels record is 17-17.

Results matter right? @Blarg@Hubs

sipping-tea.gif

And since this message, they're 1-3. Nevin is 17 games under .500.

He was 10-13 in June, a pathetic 6-18 in July, 14-15 in August, and 4-5 in September.

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yep and Maddon was 12-24 in his last 36. 

Yeah, but 15-4 in his first 19 then, as he was 27-28.

I doubt this team would be 19 games under .500 with Maddon at the helm.

I'm sorry, I know there are lineup depth issues and injury issues and bullpen issues, but Maddon would have this team, exactly as is, at or around .500.

Maybe Maddon or Scioscia isn't the right choice, Ok, but it definitely isn't Nevin.

37 minutes ago, Hubs said:

Yeah, but 15-4 in his first 19 then, as he was 27-28.

I doubt this team would be 19 games under .500 with Maddon at the helm.

I'm sorry, I know there are lineup depth issues and injury issues and bullpen issues, but Maddon would have this team, exactly as is, at or around .500.

Maybe Maddon or Scioscia isn't the right choice, Ok, but it definitely isn't Nevin.

No chance there’s a 19 game difference between managers over the course of a full season much less 100 games. 

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

No chance there’s a 19 game difference between managers over the course of a full season much less 100 games. 

Oh Yeah? There is precedent, like when Shildt took over for Matheny in StL. Unfortunately there's no way to prove. But I'd bet Maddon would've eked out say 8-10 more wins, putting them somewhere between 69-72 and 71-70. 

The Angels have 16 walk off or 1 run losses under Nevin, and 10 walk off or 1 run wins.

Let alone the number of blow outs under Nevin. 

On 9/13/2022 at 5:02 PM, Hubs said:

Oh Yeah? There is precedent, like when Shildt took over for Matheny in StL. Unfortunately there's no way to prove. But I'd bet Maddon would've eked out say 8-10 more wins, putting them somewhere between 69-72 and 71-70. 

The Angels have 16 walk off or 1 run losses under Nevin, and 10 walk off or 1 run wins.

Let alone the number of blow outs under Nevin. 

no offense Hubs.  You're out of your mind.  An 8 win minimum difference between Nevin and Maddon?  Come on dude.