• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hypothetical Question: Jo Adell in CF in 2023?

BTH

I know it sounds kind of crazy since Trout is on the team and Adell has been nothing short of a disaster defensively, but hear me out:

1. We know the Angels were considering moving Trout from CF and to a corner this season, as Joe Maddon let the cat out of the bag at the beginning of Spring Training.

2. Adell is fast, athletic, and came up as a CF. Is it possible that a lot of his struggles defensively are due to him adapting to the angles and routes in LF/RF as opposed to CF?

3. Moving Adell to CF would put less pressure on his bat while easing Trout’s workload defensively.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’ve said this multiple times and people disagree but CF is the easiest of the three outfield positions based solely on the flight of the ball being more pure. 

This

Plus, his athleticism is needed in CF and his solid arm is also more necessary in CF than in LF.

Seems to be a waste to play Adell in LF.

Remember that Trout is no longer the speed phenom of 2012.   Just turned 31.

Trout in LF, Adell in CF, Ward in RF in 2023, with Moniak as the key OF sub

Edited by Angel Oracle

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’ve said this multiple times and people disagree but CF is the easiest of the three outfield positions based solely on the flight of the ball being more pure. 

If I’m the Angels, I’d be asking Adell in confidentiality about his honest opinion on the matter.

If he admits that it’s been a challenge for him to judge the trajectory of balls in LF/RF instead of CF, I think you might want to heavily weigh the idea of playing him in CF.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:44 PM, Trendon said:

If I’m the Angels, I’d be asking Adell in confidentiality about his honest opinion on the matter.

If he admits that it’s been a challenge for him to judge the trajectory of balls in LF/RF instead of CF, I think you might want to heavily weigh the idea of playing him in CF.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

While you’re at it...why don’t you get his thoughts on where he hits in the lineup and what are his thoughts on handling the bullpen for the upcoming game?

On 8/21/2022 at 9:17 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Remember that Trout is no longer the speed phenom of 2012.   Just turned 31.

Trout in LF, Adell in CF, Ward in RF in 2023, with Moniak as the key OF sub

Who's to say Trout adapts to LF any better than Adell in this theoretical exercise?

Not arguing or saying he wouldn't but who knows?