• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How will the Angels handle their TV play-by-play situation next season?

BTH

How will the Angels will handle their TV play-by-play situation next season?

Vasgersian has done like 20-30 games all season. O’Neal has done the rest. What’s the plan there?

An article in The Athletic earlier this season said “Vasgersian has two years remaining on his contract with MLB Network.” So it’s not feasible for Vasgersian to become the full PxP guy next season.

There’s just so much we don’t know, which makes it difficult to answer. Like, is Arte paying Vasgersian a full salary to only broadcast a handful of games a month? How long is Vasgersian under contract with the Angels? How long is O’Neal under contract with the Angels? Do the Angels (Arte) like O’Neal doing in the PxP role? O’Neal’s at least lasted longer than Sutton or Waltz.

I tend to listen to the games on mute, but my impression from what I have listened to is that the Angels could stand to upgrade on O’Neal.

I wish they’d ditch Vasgersian, move O’Neal back to pre/post game show host, and hire a PxP announcer to do all the games with Gubicza (like Victor Rojas did).

I don’t know if the Angels see it that way and how contractual status ties in. But we’ve seen the Angels just let go of a PxP broadcaster mid-season (Sutton) and after half a season (Waltz). So the fact that O’Neal has survived this long makes me think the Angels like him.

• BTH changed the title to How will the Angels handle their TV play-by-play situation next season?