• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Royals (July 27th, 2022) Junk on the Bump!

Chuck

As it starts to sink in that the season is gone, I think the Angels are going to start playing a lot better, in part because there's only up to go. 

This is a really young team still. Sandoval, Suarez, Detmers, Adell, Marsh, Rengifo...I guarantee part of the last couple month's issues have been because these guys are putting too much pressure on themselves. Once they accept the season is toast and go out to have fun, they'll turn a corner. We saw it last year a bit.

Could still be a real fun August and September.

7 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Jason Freakin Junk went 5 innings of shutout baseball with 8 damn strikeouts. 2 more shutout innings from Wantz and Loup with 3 more strikeouts. What alternative reality did the Angels wormhole this game from?

Pitching hasn't been bad all year....not great but not bad.....our problem has been offense.....

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Jason Freakin Junk went 5 innings of shutout baseball with 8 damn strikeouts. 2 more shutout innings from Wantz and Loup with 3 more strikeouts. What alternative reality did the Angels wormhole this game from?

Seriously.

I have to say the guys actually *LOOK* like they want to win today, and it's been nice to see, the game is SO much more enjoyable with quality pitching and some quality clutch hits to support them. 

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

As it starts to sink in that the season is gone, I think the Angels are going to start playing a lot better, in part because there's only up to go. 

This is a really young team still. Sandoval, Suarez, Detmers, Adell, Marsh, Rengifo...I guarantee part of the last couple month's issues have been because these guys are putting too much pressure on themselves. Once they accept the season is toast and go out to have fun, they'll turn a corner. We saw it last year a bit.

Could still be a real fun August and September.

Your first sentence is what I'm thinking completely. I'm getting 2013 vibes when the team starting playing really well in September when the season was gone and we got to see young guys get playing time and guys like Kole Calhoun and Matt Shoemaker got looks. Reminds me a lot of it.