• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia on Weaver and Cole

The lack of respect some of you guys show to players like Weaver is mind boggling. How can you seriously enjoy a game when you have no attachment to players? I'm not ripping on you guys, I just don't understand. Players don't always perform, that is a fact. Pitchers occasionally struggle, especially coming off of injury. But lets go to the worst case scenario with Weaver, and that would be his arm is toast, and he will never be nearly as effective as he was. How do you just rip the guy? It certainly isn't his fault that his arm doesn't do what it once did. I am sure he would rather still be dominant. Sadly, in baseball, this kind of thing happens. But even sadder is that we have fans that will now only see him as an over the hill over paid athlete, if he is indeed past his prime.

It's hard to get attached to people I don't know making more money than I will ever see in my life, just by playing a sport.

So, you're jealous of the money they make? I basically couldn't care less how much money they make, other than the fact that it could prevent the team from signing other players. I have said this before, but I wish no one knew how much each player made.

Wasn't it his Left arm that he hurt? His throwing arm should still be fine.

Except you still need to log some innings to get your arm strength up. I have no idea if he is done or not. However, I still think he could be effective throwing 87mph. Just not as effective as 89-90.

I would like to see the Angels find some starting pitchers that can throw heat.  It just seems like our staff is forced to nibble at the plate and if the calls aren't going their way they struggle.  

Weave is a guy I love, one of my favorite Angels ever.  But I do have to admit his lack of velocity is a big concern.

I am loyal to the team. I have my favorite players, Weaver happens to be one of them (believe it or not). But if it is better for the TEAM to trade him, and move on from him, then I am all for it.

As for "disrespect", we disrespect every single person who puts on that uniform every time they strike out, or make an error, or do something dumb. We're reactionary as fans. We will vent and say things like "F U Aybar" when we wouldn't say it in any other context.

I would like to see the Angels find some starting pitchers that can throw heat. It just seems like our staff is forced to nibble at the plate and if the calls aren't going their way they struggle.

Weave is a guy I love, one of my favorite Angels ever. But I do have to admit his lack of velocity is a big concern.

Sadly, the best arm on the team is Richards, and he is less consistent than anyone else with worse stuff.

Are you like me Tdawg, where you grew up in Anaheim or the surrounding area and couldn't imagine rooting for another baseball team?

I wish I grew up in Anaheim. My family grew up around there so thats where my fandom comes from.

I would also consider trading Weaver, but it would have to be to bring in a really talented arm in return.

I think it would be possible. He still has value, it isn't like his struggling has been going on for that long.

I don't WANT to trade him, because he gave the team a discount and has given them nothing but great pitching since he has been here. But if it is best for the team in the long run I think it's an option that has to be considered. Teams in contention will always need starting pitching.

I don't want to trade him, and I know I am probably going to get crucified for saying this, but I think the team can be a playoff team as early as next season. It really takes just a move or two and Hamilton playing like we have all seen the last few years.