• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Buying From Stub Hub

Asking for some advice.  I know the Angels organization has tried to shut out Stub Hub.  I would like to catch a couple of games Fourth of July Weekend.  Since I don't go often I like to splurge and buy  tickets for really good seats.  I was looking at the prices and it seems that those listed on Stub Hub is a good 20 less per ticket.  Is Stub Hub a good place to purchase tickets or should I just pay the higher price on ticketmaster.

Also does anyone know  if there is another ticket agency I should look into?

From experience, you should NOT have trouble with Stubhub.  BUT, my one and ONLY suggestion when buying with them-- make sure the tickets you buy thru them are the actual tickets-- DO NOT buy tickets that are sent by PDF file, as those were the ones that the Angels denied entry. 

From experience, you should NOT have trouble with Stubhub.  BUT, my one and ONLY suggestion when buying with them-- make sure the tickets you buy thru them are the actual tickets-- DO NOT buy tickets that are sent by PDF file, as those were the ones that the Angels denied entry. 

On stubHub tickets listed as instant download or electronic were either bought online at the Angels website or were forwarded tickets by a season ticket holder. These are good as they are issued by the Angels. There are some scams out there that use scanned tickets (that were printed from PDF's). These are more  common on craigslist or even outside the stadium so buyer beware.

Note that any ticket you buy on StubHub is guaranteed so if there were a problem they would either refund you or purchase equivalent tickets with the seller bearing responsibility for reinbursment (their office is close off Katella and they will resolve issues quickly there). Sellers are required to have a valid credit card on file so while it's not impossible to perpetuate fraud on Stubhub, it's nearly impossible because if someone did sell fake or bad tickets on StubHub they would not benefit financially since StubHub would never transfer funds to them. Even if they unintentionally sold bad tickets they would still bear financial responsibility.

My recommendations for buying off StubHub is very simple. Always wait until game day and in particluar within 4 hours of gametime. The lowest prices are always found at this time and so far I have never seen StubHub sold out. You may have to be a little flexible as far as where you want to sit but I would not be surprised to find tickets for $10 or less on 4th of July. If you want to pump out $20 per ticket you may even get a really nice location.

On stubHub tickets listed as instant download or electronic were either bought online at the Angels website or were forwarded tickets by a season ticket holder. These are good as they are issued by the Angels. There are some scams out there that use scanned tickets (that were printed from PDF's). These are more  common on craigslist or even outside the stadium so buyer beware.

Note that any ticket you buy on StubHub is guaranteed so if there were a problem they would either refund you or purchase equivalent tickets with the seller bearing responsibility for reinbursment (their office is close off Katella and they will resolve issues quickly there). Sellers are required to have a valid credit card on file so while it's not impossible to perpetuate fraud on Stubhub, it's nearly impossible because if someone did sell fake or bad tickets on StubHub they would not benefit financially since StubHub would never transfer funds to them. Even if they unintentionally sold bad tickets they would still bear financial responsibility.

My recommendations for buying off StubHub is very simple. Always wait until game day and in particluar within 4 hours of gametime. The lowest prices are always found at this time and so far I have never seen StubHub sold out. You may have to be a little flexible as far as where you want to sit but I would not be surprised to find tickets for $10 or less on 4th of July. If you want to pump out $20 per ticket you may even get a really nice location.

Nowani, I know what you are saying, but I was just giving a word of caution.  The Angels have denied entry for PDF files that were purchased thru stubhub. I don't know what time you get to the park, but if stormngt is like most, he will not arrive until a half hour or so prior to the game. If you showed up at that time, and were denied entry, you could either A) go to the stubhub office over by the amtrak station and see what they can do, or B) buy a new ticket from the Angels box office and then deal with your refund thru Stubhub later.  Either way, you're gonna miss some baseball dealing with the BS. Which is why I stated you want the physical tickets and not a PDF file.

Nowani, I know what you are saying, but I was just giving a word of caution.  The Angels have denied entry for PDF files that were purchased thru stubhub. I don't know what time you get to the park, but if stormngt is like most, he will not arrive until a half hour or so prior to the game. If you showed up at that time, and were denied entry, you could either A) go to the stubhub office over by the amtrak station and see what they can do, or B) buy a new ticket from the Angels box office and then deal with your refund thru Stubhub later.  Either way, you're gonna miss some baseball dealing with the BS. Which is why I stated you want the physical tickets and not a PDF file.

Patti, how do the Angels know if you bought PDF tickets through StubHub? StubHub has no way to create electronic tickets so if they are selling PDF tickets they have to have been originally created either from an Angels online website sale or via a Season seat holder ticket forward.

I think what happens sometimes is someone will buy an online ticket at Angels.com, Print out many copies, and then sell it over and over either via Craigslist or maybe in front of the stadium. The point I was trying to make was although it's possible to have this happen on StubHub, there is no financial gain for the person attempting to defraud (the seller) since they would never get reimbursed from Stubhub. If someone did do this they would be identified and removed from being a seller as well. Too much work for the crooks in my opinion.

I did buy 11 PDF tickets for last Wednesday's game and they all worked. I understand what your saying and it's probably better to take hard tickets over PDF's but overall I think the indicence of problem PDF's bought at StubHub is low. One advantage of PDF's, especially when close to gametime, is that you don't have to stop by StubHub to pick up. The StubHub pickup is quick but getting into the parking lot has taken awhile when close to game time becasue of everyone trying to get in and park at the parking structure there.

I know there are a lot of people who buy off stubhub here.  Has anyone ever had an issue with a PDF ticket bought on stubhub and if so how did StubHub resolve it?

StubHub FanProtect guarantee.

For buyers

We guarantee...
  • You'll get the tickets you ordered in time for the event and they'll be valid for entry
  • If any of the above does not occur, we'll locate comparable replacement tickets or send you a refund

I have bought tickets to dozens of games on Stubhub, and they have almost always been the PDF files. I have never had an issue with any of my tickets. And yes, I have gone to games this year since the Angels launched the Ticket Exchange. If I had to guess, I've probably bought 8 or 10 games off of Stubhub this year. All PDF printed tickets. From what I have seen, the tickets are cheaper on stubhub because of the minimum ticket price that the Angels set for sellers on the Ticket Exchange. I have heard good things about 714 tickets (Not just from Rodger Lodge) but have not used them yet. 

It seems that they are only "enforcing" it for the bigger games this year. BOTH Dodger games, happened at the Yankees games, too, and I would imagine it will happen at the Cardinals and Red Sox games, too.  I had a line of people at my window trying to buy tickets after their pdf file tickets that they purchased on stubhub were voided at the gate. I don't know HOW the Angels know, that's beyond my pay grade, but I do know someone this has happened to, and they had to buy new tickets at my window. Yes, they got a refund on what they paid for their tickets originally, but if you are going to have to pay the price at the window for new tickets when this happens, why not just be on the safe side to begin with and get hard tickets and not pdf tickets?? 

When there are over 200 people who ALL have PDF tickets purchased from Stubhub who are now buying tickets at the ticket windows, you know that the Angels know SOMEHOW that the sellers have put them on stubhub. Don't know how, again, beyond my pay grade, but I think I'd rather spend 10 minutes dealing with parking issues --or for that matter, go into the AMTRAK lot at the stadium and use their tunnel over to the stubhub office-- and get the physical tickets over getting to the gate and being denied entry and then having to either wait in line at the box office or going back over to the stubhub office to have them fix it. And according to their policy, they can EITHER replace the tickets with different ones OR give you a refund. You're already dealing with the delays going over there the first time, so why tempt fate and possibly have to do it again when your ticket is voided at the gate?? 

I have to admit that no, I'm not a fan of the new ticket exchange. I can't tell you how many times I have purchased tickets from Stubhub myself for Angels games, and many other events.  But if someone is going to a "big" game at the stadium, my suggestion would be to get the physical tickets and NOT the pdfs just to be on the safe side..

I think what happens sometimes is someone will buy an online ticket at Angels.com, Print out many copies, and then sell it over and over either via Craigslist or maybe in front of the stadium. The point I was trying to make was although it's possible to have this happen on StubHub, there is no financial gain for the person attempting to defraud (the seller) since they would never get reimbursed from Stubhub. If someone did do this they would be identified and removed from being a seller as well. Too much work for the crooks in my opinion.

It seems that they are only "enforcing" it for the bigger games this year. BOTH Dodger games, happened at the Yankees games, too, and I would imagine it will happen at the Cardinals and Red Sox games, too.  I had a line of people at my window trying to buy tickets after their pdf file tickets that they purchased on stubhub were voided at the gate. I don't know HOW the Angels know, that's beyond my pay grade, but I do know someone this has happened to, and they had to buy new tickets at my window. Yes, they got a refund on what they paid for their tickets originally, but if you are going to have to pay the price at the window for new tickets when this happens, why not just be on the safe side to begin with and get hard tickets and not pdf tickets?? 

I think there are more issues with the bigger games such as Opening day, Yankees, Dodgers, etc because those are the games that crooks will make the most money on a ticket. I suspect you would not see this issue for games such as last weeks Monday night game versus Mariners where there was no promotion and ticket prices were low.

I am curious about 200 people for one game all with PDF ticket issues, all bought from StubHub. That is a huge number of problems. If this is accurate I would be worried too. I am going to check with our guy over at the StubHub office and see what he may know on this.

By the way I hope the Angels are not voiding PDF tickets just because they were bought on StubHub. I don't think they would do that but they certainly could have someone within the organization check and see who is selling on StubHub and even the exact seats. If they took that approach they could just as easily void hard tickets as they could PDF. I suspect any issue with a PDF ticket is because someone had created a fake PDF ticket or has oversold it and the only person who gets in is the first one who enters.

I did check with our guy at StubHub and he confirmed what Patti said but this was for only one game. He said that a whole bunch of tickets were sold by 714 tickets (using stubhub) and they had incorrectly coded the PDF tickets. I guess they have a way of creating PDF's from hard tickets. They had left off one digit on a whole bunch of tickets and this caused around 150-200 people to have issues. He indicated that was the only major issue they have had this year and it was from 714 tickets (seller) not stubhub.