• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hamilton CAN do it

It is time for Hamilton to have an adult sit him down and make a plan.  If I am able to call the pitch sequences and the outcomes for a player, that player needs an intervention.

Someone.......please anyone......do something.......even if it hurts Hamilton's feelings/self esteem/mojo.

I am not sure what made me more mad, Hamilton flailing at pitches or getting out of the way of an inside pitch.......

The bright side is he isn't struggling because he is over the hill, chronically injured, or because he was a flash in the pan. That's why he is still playing and will continue to play.  That, and the 4 1/2 years and $100+ million he is owed.  He is only a year removed from being very good.  I believe it is fixable.  Maybe he won't be an MVP candidate for the remainder of the contract, but he should be able to produce at a good rate.  

The bright side is he isn't struggling because he is over the hill, chronically injured, or because he was a flash in the pan. That's why he is still playing and will continue to play.  That, and the 4 1/2 years and $100+ million he is owed.  He is only a year removed from being very good.  I believe it is fixable.  Maybe he won't be an MVP candidate for the remainder of the contract, but he should be able to produce at a good rate.  

True, but what's wrong with him? In order to fix something, you have to know what's broken.

I'd hate to believe he's dumb enough not to tell anyone he has failing eyesight and continually tries to hit a baseball.

Anyone see the movie Real Genius? We have to sedate him, then plant a tiny device in one of his molars. He wakes up the next day and thinks he's hearing the voice of God. "Josh? Josh? I want you to stop swinging at balls out of the strike zone, Josh." Hamilton then says "Okay, God, I will." Then, to seal the deal, say "Josh? Stop touching yourself."

I see that Carlos Lee has retired after 14 seasons and 358 home runs.  Let's see a multiple all-star, big name home run hitter who may now be available?  Quick, get Dipoto and the rest of the brain trust to offer him 5 years at $25 million per and perhaps the Angels can add him to the rest of the overpaid, washed up lineup.  If Houston wants something in return, perhaps they would accept all of the left-handed starters in the Angels minors.  And if that isn't enough maybe the Angels can throw in next years number one draft pick.  (Typo on Lopez, sorry.)