• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Time to trade Trumbo?

I would never trade Trumbo but what about a deal like Trumbo for Chris Sale? Just want to get opinions. To me this is tempting but I wouldn't do it unless you also threw in some significant minor league talent and made it a no brainer.

I think you're way overrating Trumbo here. Sale is a top of the rotation guy and one of the best left handed starting pitchers in the league. Trumbo alone wouldn't even get the conversation started.

A.  Albert Pujols and Hamilton are the 2 biggest reasons you can't blow it up and start from scratch.

B.  Trumbo is one of 2 players on this team that cause pitchers to pause.  The other is the guy they walked last night to get to Albert Pujols.

C.  There is really no easy or quick way out of the morass that is the Angels these days.  Underproducing, untradeable multi-millionaires (incl Scioscia), huge payroll, same ol problems at 3B (no power) and catcher (no hit), mediocre starting pitching/BP.  Dangle Collapso, Aybar, Kendrick and most any pitcher as trade bait to get younger/hungrier.  Keep Trout, Trumbo, PB, Frieri as core and hope you can overcome the underproducing multi-millionaires. 

If they can fleece a desperate team and get something like what Texas got from Atlanta for Teix then go for it, even if you have to package in other players. Like Richards and Aybar.

I agree, outside of Trout, nobody should be untouchable.  However, if we trade him or even Bourjos (stock can't be any higher) it has to be for some very valuable pieces!

Not going to read through all the posts.  

But if you trade Trumbo.  Guaranteed, Trout leaves in 4 years, and chances are he gets traded in 2 years because the Angels have no shot in re-signing him.  No matter what kind of stud you trade Trumbo for, pitching wise.  Trout will still have to carry Pujols for Pujols' entire contract.  Hamilton will still be there by the time he hits free agency.  And the prospect you traded for might be a Brandon Wood.  Kendrick and Bourjos would be all that will be going good for the offense in the critical next 4 years to retain Trout.  Dont' think that's going to do it.  

Because he showed last year the is absolutely awful at 3rd base. He's a 1b/DH/corner OF guy...and that's fine.

Yep. Mark Trumbo playing RF / 1B / DH is a more valuable defensively than Mike Trout by more than 0.6 WAR according to baseball reference.

Trout's spectacular catch in LF yesterday improved him in the standings from 3rd worst defender in the AL to 4th worst   B)

http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2013-value-batting.shtml#players_value_batting::15