• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/27/22): White Sox @ Angels

mmc

8 minutes ago, Second Base said:

For those of you that guessed that David MacKinnon would be the cleanup hitter and playing 3B before the season started, I applaud you. 

With the righty Giolito in the mound, that is surprising to have Walsh hitting after MacKinnon.

The alternating lefty/righty thingy?

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

With the righty Giolito in the mound, that is surprising to have Walsh hitting after MacKinnon.

The alternating lefty/righty thingy?

Giolito has reverse splits over his career:

RHB’s vs. Giolito: .759 OPS

LHB’s vs. Giolito: .654 OPS

It’s even more extreme this season:

RHB’s: 1.111 OPS

LHB’s: .574 OPS

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

For those of you that guessed that David MacKinnon would be the cleanup hitter and playing 3B before the season started, I applaud you. 

On 3/25/2019 at 1:32 AM, Angelsjunky said:

I'm guessing that by June of 2022, David MacKinnon will be our starting third baseman and batting cleanup.

4 minutes ago, failos said:

edit: oh. you're a liar

Yup

On 3/24/2019 at 10:32 PM, Angelsjunky said:

I'm half expecting a deadcat bounce, but kind of felt the same last year. Regardless of how Albert performs, my hope is that Ausmus is good to his word and plays the best player, not the Proven Veteran.

Looks like Marsh is in Valazques territory. Defense only, anything at the plate an unexpected surprise. From the promise of last year and good start this year into an ongoing sophomore slump. He has to fight his way out of it. No real alternative on the roster right now that has more overall value. 

If they sign Ohtani I don't know how they'll be able to afford any quality depth at all. It's bad enough as it is now with Ohtani being underpaid. 

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

OK... now just go out and win some games... otherwise, all this stuff about "firing up the team" is moot.

Fighting is about the least efficient way of "firing up a team."  The reality, if suspensions are involved, is that it can easily make winning harder.