• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (6/22/22): Royals @ Angels - off-days for Trout and Walsh

mmc

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I’m guessing Walsh out due to LHP?

He hits almost as well against lefties as he does against righties. At least it's not big enough a difference to pull his bat out of the line up for MacKinnon who has yet to have a hit. 

But I suppose with a lefty on the mound they wanna give MacKinnon some at bats. 

3 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

He hits almost as well against lefties as he does against righties. At least it's not big enough a difference to pull his bat out of the line up for MacKinnon who has yet to have a hit. 

But I suppose with a lefty on the mound they wanna give MacKinnon some at bats. 

There’s 150 point different in OPS.  So there’s a real difference between the two. 

13 minutes ago, stormngt said:

What's your explanation of Nevin and Maddon both refuse to bunt the winning run to this with no outs?

I’d prefer they bunt.  At the same time it’s Stassi and I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him bunt. Additionally with how much this team strikes out, I’m not sure the odds are much worse not bunting. 

3 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

so Maddon was just the scapegoat right? Nevin hasn't brought anything to the table, if anything he's been worse with his lineups and bullpen usage.

Most people, myself included, felt firing Maddon was a desperate measure to shake up the team to reverse the losing.  

I never felt Maddon was the cause of our struggles.  But since this was his last year on contract it was worth the gamble.