• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

When Will You See...World War Z

When Will You See...  

24 members have voted

1. 1. World War Z

• Theaters
    • DVD/Cable/Etc
    • Never

I'm intrigued...I loved the book but don't understand how they are converting the book, which was written as a series of vignettes via an investigation after the fact, into a real-time first person account. It would seem the only things shared between the book and movie is the name.

Not sure about this one.  Someone was saying the book is really good.  

Yes it was.  However they bought the rights to the book and aside from zombies that looks to be where the similarities end.  The book is about a guy traveling around the world interviewing people years after the fact who tell him what they were doing when it started, how they survived and how it changed them.  They're using the name of the book and attaching Brad Pitt to it to appeal to the masses when the book itself could have been made into a damn fine movie.  Not spending a dime on this nor do I ever intend on watching it.

About the only thing in common with the book was the title...can't even compare the zombies, though it was a "World War" against their version of the zombies. Oh, and maybe saying the words UN and rabies, and using words with vowels. That's about it.

Going in I knew it was nothing like the books so I wasn't surprised or disappointed. It's an action flick with some suspense. Didn't think it was awful, or great. The chattering teeth...hey, is that the double from Jurassic Park/Hannibal Lechter bit...that was dumb. My wife was not impressed though, in part because she wanted the book.

I've read the book and really enjoyed it. I'll go see the movie with very little expectations.  I feel Brad Pitt screwed the pooch on producing it. Apparently the film had to be rewritten twice after production. Not a good sign. The previews look nothing like the book. I am very disappointed before even stepping foot into the theater. 

This is one of those movies where those that have NOT read the book may have an advantage in that there is no expectation.  I just want a well-done movie.  Anyone who has read a beloved book that gets adapted into a movie always goes in judging the movie vs. the book (at least I do) and rarely comes away thinking the movie is better or does absolute justice to the book.

i was interested until i learned it was pg-13. why the hell is a zombie movie rated pg-13?

I enjoyed it but thought, where's the gore, flesh eating and zombie brains being splattered? Then I remembered it was PG-13. I still enjoyed it though.

Being a zombie-freak since I first sneaked a peek at NOTLD (original "Night of the Living Dead") on tv at about age 11, I will be seeing it in the theater.

I don't want to get into the arguments over fast/slow zombies, but these super-fast Z's creating Z-ladders looks pretty cool.

I read the book, and was hoping for it to get picked-up as a mini-series.  I guess the powers-that-be decided one zombie show is enough.  Too bad for us.

Picked up the book at the airport a couple weeks back, so far so good.  I think a movie could have been done the way the book is written, but I can still see why they didn't go that route.  Still will definitely see it though, love zombie movies.