• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

General NHL Talk 2022-2023

gotbeer

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Looks like Rakell got a 6 x5 to stay with the Pens. That leaves around $10 mil to try to bring back Malkin and at least one more F

I love rakell and all. But 6 x 5 for a guy that looks to be a low 40 point scorer just seems like a overpay 

Nevermind. Malkin re-signed in Pittsburgh. Now I'm hoping they'll go with a lower price 2C option like Dylan Strome and maybe sign Heinen to be a 3rd line winger. They still need some sort of 3rd pair RD if Manson leaves but it doesn't have to be anyone special. Maybe a one year deal with Justin Braun or whoever wants to chase a Cup

8 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Nevermind. Malkin re-signed in Pittsburgh. Now I'm hoping they'll go with a lower price 2C option like Dylan Strome and maybe sign Heinen to be a 3rd line winger. They still need some sort of 3rd pair RD if Manson leaves but it doesn't have to be anyone special. Maybe a one year deal with Justin Braun or whoever wants to chase a Cup

"if Manson leaves but it doesn't have to be anyone special"

Good to see your starting to get what we've been saying.

11 hours ago, arch stanton said:

Oilers re-sign Kane. Same AAV as RNH but half the term

Wouldn't you think that would be about one year longer than you would want to go to keep that guys head straight?

I know they probably had to go longer than they wanted to seal the deal. But, that leaves a window for him to get stupid and have the deal go off the rails.

This will be interesting. Can't say I would hate to have it blow up on them.

Poor Calgary.  Just when things started to look up, it's time for a rebuild.

1. Johnny Took Big Pay Cut 😳

Gaudreau turned down between $15M and $17.5M from Calgary in choosing Columbus (Seravalli)

Frank Seravalli@frank_seravalli

Sounds like Johnny Gaudreau left somewhere between $15-17.5 million on the table in Calgary by choosing Columbus, depending on final total. Not sure anyone saw that coming.

4 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

So, why did we sign Strome?

He seems like a good get.  50 point scorer.  6'1".  Center.  Right shot, which is important, since Z, comtois, Henrique, Lundestrom, Jones, and McTavish are all left shots.  

Just didn't see the point of bringing in another center to get there. Maybe the right hand shot had something to do with it. Possibly the make up of the guy too. I don't know much about him.

I don't think any of the Duck's are untradeable if they're not Verbeek's kind of guy. I see a lot of changes coming to this team in the next couple tears.

I'm surprised by Verbeek's activity in FA. I thought it was full tank until after next season.