• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shattered iPhone Glass

Lhalo

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57472946-285/how-to-replace-a-broken-screen-on-your-iphone/

There are places that will also repair it.  Apple store is probably the most reputable, but also at the same time the most expensive.  I did a google search, and there seems to be a few places in So Cal that can replace it.  But the price is much cheaper to do it yourself.

ive busted mine numerous times.

buy an OEM screen and digitizer on ebay from china. will cost you like $4.

they take it to an phone repair place - since you bring the new screen/digitizer just pay em for the labor of swapping it out (its not hard but they have the little itty bitty tools).

will cost you $20-$30. 

The screens usually come with the screws.  on the iPhone 4 and above you have to replace the LCD along with the glass/digitizer.  Didn't realize they are that cheap now.  I have replaced the glass on a 3G/3GS many times.  There are always youtube videos that you can follow if you are confused.

was in the apple store recently and some guy was asking about replacing his screen. the apple clerk said he should go online and buy a kit or look for someone who does them, or he could leave it there and the good folks at apple would do it for $200.

gave my old iphone 4 to my daughter and won't be surprised if i have to replace the glass some day.

Apple doesn't replace the screen, they just swap out the phone.  They charge $200.  If you beg you can get them to do it for free.  My wife dropper her iPhone a couple weeks after she got it and the screen shattered even though she had a case on it.  She took it to the Apple store and they gave in fairly easily and did it for free.

My wife shattered the back of her old 4.  I put clear back tape on it and bought her a 99 cent cover, she moved on to a gs3. My sisters 4 is shattered on both sides, but she's waiting for the gs4.  Girls with iPhones...its only a matter of time till they shatter it. haha