• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Oh yeah, forgot I also checked out:

Out of the Furnace - 7/10

Stellar cast and performances are solid all around with the exception of maybe Forest Whitiker as I didn't like his character much. However, it plays like a fairly run-of-the-mill revenge drama, though it's visually great looking as well. Comparisons are being made to The Deer Hunter which I do think applies in tone at least. Stars Christian Bale, Casey Affleck, Zoe Saldana, Willem Dafoe, Woody Harrelson, Sam Shepard and Forrest Whitiker, so a pretty stacked cast.

Watched Bloodsport recently for the first time in like 15 years....still damn amazing.

I grew up with my dad liking this movie and I'm not really sure if it was my own doing or his doing, but I recall seeing this movie at least 50+ times and was a childhood favorite of mine. I had to be at the most 12 years old the last time I saw it but I remember all this so vividly. Wonderfully 80s and cheesy but still probably my favorite fighting tournament movie. The only thing I didn't remember so vividly was that Forest Whitiker was in the damn movie.

Watched Bloodsport recently for the first time in like 15 years....still damn amazing.

I grew up with my dad liking this movie and I'm not really sure if it was my own doing or his doing, but I recall seeing this movie at least 50+ times and was a childhood favorite of mine. I had to be at the most 12 years old the last time I saw it but I remember all this so vividly. Wonderfully 80s and cheesy but still probably my favorite fighting tournament movie. The only thing I didn't remember so vividly was that Forest Whitiker was in the damn movie.

OK USA!

The Mexican Suitcase

It's a documentary about the negatives of photographs taken by Robert Capa during the Spanish Civil War. Somehow the negatives traveled to Mexico with thousands of refugees and weren't discovered until much later. Some of Capa's photographs (such as the one below of a soldier being shot) became famous when they were featured in Life Magazine. I never knew much of the plight of 1930's Spain's people until I watched this film.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2017015/

1936_par115311.jpg?w=740

Nebraska - 9/10

Definitely a lot better than I anticipated though that's not to say I thought it was going to be bad. Had heard it's minor Alexander Payne but I think it holds up highly among all his other films as well. Filmed in black and white and I think it definitely suits the setting. A lot of the acting isn't great, outside of Bruce Dern who is awesome, but I feel its appropriate to the tone of the film and never distracting. The movie is touching but still hilarious throughout.

Edited by Sam Sanchez

Watched some modern family too for the first time. I like that show.

Obviously every straight male knows of sophia vergara but the gay couple are the best part. They're hilarious.

The big guy is actually straight in real life.

They're hilarious.

American Hustle - 8/10

A funny farce of a con-man film. Almost comes across as a screwball comedy and not to be taken too seriously which is why I'm confused when I read/hear reviews of people saying that the film takes itself too seriously and trying it's best to win awards. I feel it has more in common in tone to something like Three Kings and I Heart Huckabees than it does The Fighter as other David O. Russell films go.

American Hustle - 8/10

A funny farce of a con-man film. Almost comes across as a screwball comedy and not to be taken too seriously which is why I'm confused when I read/hear reviews of people saying that the film takes itself too seriously and trying it's best to win awards. I feel it has more in common in tone to something like Three Kings and I Heart Huckabees than it does The Fighter as other David O. Russell films go.

I agree. I liked it a lot. Christian Bale is a great actor and I love Amy Adams. 

Nebraska - 9/10

Definitely a lot better than I anticipated though that's not to say I thought it was going to be bad. Had heard it's minor Alexander Payne but I think it holds up highly among all his other films as well. Filmed in black and white and I think it definitely suits the setting. A lot of the acting isn't great, outside of Bruce Dern who is awesome, but I feel its appropriate to the tone of the film and never distracting. The movie is touching but still hilarious throughout.

I liked this movie a lot. It's a sweet, touching, and somewhat sad movie with a lot of humor. The old lady/mother/wife in the movie has a lot of funny lines.