• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Disney+: Toy Story 4

Tugged at the heartstrings here and there, but especially at the end (which felt like it was more for adults than kids). Still good family entertainment and worth your while.

If you haven't seen them yet, the first two Toy Story movies are fantastic.

Great shows each one of them. Must see if you have kids.

I finished Jack Ryan season 1 out of  boredom.  It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either.  Haven't started season 2 yet.

I watched the first episode of Endeavour since you guys were talking about it and I saw that season wise it seemed to be structured like Sherlock where they're essentially movie length and fewer episodes.  It wasn't bad but it was very British in the way I imagine something like Downton Abbey is where they make something that would seem dull interesting to viewers. 

1 minute ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I finished Jack Ryan season 1 out of  boredom.  It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great either.  Haven't started season 2 yet.

I watched the first episode of Endeavour since you guys were talking about it and I saw that season wise it seemed to be structured like Sherlock where they're essentially movie length and fewer episodes.  It wasn't bad but it was very British in the way I imagine something like Downton Abbey is where they make something that would seem dull interesting to viewers. 

I think you will like it after you get used to the characters.

12 hours ago, Redondo said:

Thanks for the input. I was really looking forward to them going in a good direction.

I'll watch anyways.

I agree with @gotbeer that it's worth the watch, especially if you are looking for something in that genre. Perhaps with some more grounded expectations you will enjoy it more.

I finished Altered Carbon Season 2 last night.

This second go around feels like a very different project from season 1. Much smaller in scale (cheaper) and far less ambitious, but seemingly in the hands of more sound creators. Now maybe this is the same team from season one, I haven't checked, but it's quite different. I feel compelled to question what is better, a potentially great project in the hands of less talented producers, or a potentially good project in the hands of more talented, more experienced creators? That's what I'm left wondering.

This season lacks all the over the top excess of the first season in exchange for a more typical SciFi story that hits all the right notes. In some ways I would describe the first season as objectively 'bad', and this one as objectively 'good' but there is something to be said for shooting for the moon and failing vs a more conservative approach. If I had to guess I would wager that the first season was an adaptation of a challenging book, while this second season is probably a new sequel created specifically for television out of whole cloth.

On 3/16/2020 at 4:57 AM, Redondo said:

Finished season 3 of Babylon Berlin

Reveal hidden contents

Just finished S3

Spoiler

Completely agree about the writing. Some of it was a mess. Still enjoyed it. Btw, there will be a S4)

13 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I finished Altered Carbon Season 2 last night.

This second go around feels like a very different project from season 1. Much smaller in scale (cheaper) and far less ambitious, but seemingly in the hands of more sound creators. Now maybe this is the same team from season one, I haven't checked, but it's quite different. I feel compelled to question what is better, a potentially great project in the hands of less talented producers, or a potentially good project in the hands of more talented, more experienced creators? That's what I'm left wondering.

This season lacks all the over the top excess of the first season in exchange for a more typical SciFi story that hits all the right notes. In some ways I would describe the first season as objectively 'bad', and this one as objectively 'good' but there is something to be said for shooting for the moon and failing vs a more conservative approach. If I had to guess I would wager that the first season was an adaptation of a challenging book, while this second season is probably a new sequel created specifically for television out of whole cloth.

What if I told you that both seasons are based on the "common courtesy" thread?

7 hours ago, Lou said:

Watch the pilot episode and you'll change your tune, buddy.

That's what got me going. Been watching since.

The only bad part is the whiny daughter. Megan Boone is not a good actress.

James Spader makes the show. He is perfect for the part.

Amazon:  Hunters  It's an interesting premise to the show.  But the execution is pretty horrible.  The main character is just off and not in the slightest believable.  And his story just jumps around, and the characters development does the same.  It's unfortunate, because the supporting cast is pretty good.  Even their backstories are done well.  Then at the very end, they jump the shark not once but twice.  They built this up so that it'll be a multi season series, but I'd be surprised if they picked it up for a second season.  I guess if you are a Pacino fan and want to see a very Jewish version of him, it might be worth it.  But it's a pretty bottom of the barrel show.

11 hours ago, Redondo said:

That's what got me going. Been watching since.

The only bad part is the whiny daughter. Megan Boone is not a good actress.

James Spader makes the show. He is perfect for the part.

i agree, love the show, hate her character. she is supposed to be an FBI agent but man is she stupid

14 minutes ago, katrinab said:

i agree, love the show, hate her character. she is supposed to be an FBI agent but man is she stupid

She's had a hard life!

Yeah, she's becoming more and more annoying. Went back and watched the entire series again a while ago. She was a real cutie when the show began. 

I love Teddy. " I’m gonna need a bag of dry ice and five feet of vinyl garden hose"

On 3/15/2020 at 9:45 PM, st1ckboy said:

So of all the shows people always recommend I must watch, what did I watch today? An 8 hour marathon of Bar Rescue.

How funny. This has been the talk of the town. They just taped at my friends bar about two weeks ago here in Tustin. It's supposed to air in 4-6 weeks they say.

The manager wasn't happy with me during the pre-taping because I was the only one that wouldn't sign the NDA. SO they taped around me or I will likely be the only one blurred out.

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

How funny. This has been the talk of the town. They just taped at my friends bar about two weeks ago here in Tustin. It's supposed to air in 4-6 weeks they say.

The manager wasn't happy with me during the pre-taping because I was the only one that wouldn't sign the NDA. SO they taped around me or I will likely be the only one blurred out.

What's the name of the place?