Brandon

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Came across and finished season 1 of Counterpart.  I like it but I know it ended after two seasons which I don't believe was planned and I'm really hoping season 2 doesn't end on a cliff hanger or with a lot of unanswered questions.  Also finished season 1 of Cardinal which is entertaining in a lower budget gritty serial killer drama kind of way.  It may not necessarily be lower budget but it's a Canadian show and has that less than Hollywood vibe to it which isn't always a bad thing.  

Liked both of these, especially Cardinal

Netflix:  Ragnarok.    Not to be confused with Thor Ragnarok.  But both had Thor in it.  Weird.  Anyways.  This is a Norwegian show.  So it's interesting to see their viewpoint on Norse mythology.  They definitely don't treat this like a superhero movie, and deal with it more in the mythos of the Norse Gods and Giants, but in a present day society.  The overall story is the Gods left, and the Giants stayed and blended in with the humans for centuries.  They become the rich guys that don't care about humans and the environment.  It's an interesting series, but it's different.  Probably not for everyone.  

5 hours ago, Lou said:

Did you get rid of your cable, too?

I still have my cable. I could have been more clear.

Netflix, Amazon and Hulu. I use a Roku stick.

29 minutes ago, Redondo said:

I still have my cable. I could have been more clear.

Netflix, Amazon and Hulu. I use a Roku stick.

I asked because Better Call Saul is on AMC 

7 hours ago, Lou said:

I asked because Better Call Saul is on AMC 

We prefer to wait and binge watch the seasons. Works for us.

Plus the added bonus of being able to pause the show to take breaks.

Quite the dilemma, isn't it? A little play on all the English shows we watch. Why do they seem to end the sentence in a question? Strange, don't you think?

Edited by Redondo

On 2/21/2020 at 10:44 PM, Tank said:

Oh man, you’d love it! 

Lots of interesting characters in ethically challenging situations. My favorite was how this one young man was at a public pool on a hot day where he faked drowning so that this scorching hot female lifeguard would have to give him mouth-to-mouth. It’s an epic scene and frankly, I’m surprised you haven’t seen it.

Image result for wendy the lifeguard sandlot