• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

10 hours ago, Lou said:

Season 1? It's still early days, innit? It's good as. 

Lol

It's so strange that they speak English, but the sayings are so far off from what we say, innit?

Edited by Redondo

Netflix:  Narcos season 3  I actually stopped watching this one in season 3 after they changed direction on which Cartel they were covering.  It just didn't interest me as much as Pablo.  Then after watching Narcos Mexico season 2, this new Colombian cartel made much more sense.  So, just IMO, the order should be Narcos season 1 and 2, then Narcos Mexico season 1 and 2, then Narcos season 3.  

On 3/4/2020 at 3:31 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

The Farewell

I liked this a lot more than I expected to. Well acted, well directed, it's funny, it's sad... it feels very real.

It's thematically a look at the differences between eastern and western culture, but more specifically about identity. When does someone become American and what does that mean for your other identities? I found the family dynamics here so interesting. The Chinese had such an aspirational view of America yet thumbed their nose at more American perspectives. They'll send their kids to school here but can't understand why they might stay or pickup American opinions - it's why Billi (the main character) isn't invited to China to see her terminally ill grandmother despite being the person closest to her. At the same time it's Billie's American identity that compels her to want to stay in China with her grandmother after everyone else plans to move on with their lives.

It's that seeming contradiction that is at the heart of this film which, for me, is a solid recommendation.

I think this post could have been longer.

Pathetic and brief. 

2/10