Brandon

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Started season 4 of Better Call Saul last night.

Started out the way it finished, all over the place. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

7 hours ago, Redondo said:

Started out the way it finished, all over the place. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Season 5 begins 2/23.

Season 3 of Babylon Berlin is out. 

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

I missed season 4 and don't feel like spending $15 to watch it.

I guess I can watch it on a 30-day free trial of Netflix.

For some reason I binged through The Ranch. It was not good. I might have been better if they didn't bother with the stupid canned laugh track because certainly no audience was present at taping and none would have laughed at this. Conceptually the Dad trying to hold the ranch together with help from his spineless son and the deadbeat high school phenom turned semi pro flop, could have been actually not bad as a dramedy. But it felt like they could not commit to either, comedy or dama. So it was basically frozen yogurt and not even a ggod flavor, some off tasting lemon coconut crap.

The King

Decent movie about King Henry the V and the battle of Agincourt early in the 15th century. Timothee Chalamet is decent and Robert Pattinson is great in his limited screen time. Sadly the movie lacks the depth and historical accuracy that could've made it into a memorable film. It seems as if the creators abandoned any sense of historical accuracy in favor of some politically motivated morality play with poorly established characters. I'm not one to criticize movies for historical inaccuracies but when a film re-writes history from whole cloth I have to question why it exists in the first place. Also this feels more like a post-Bush era film and I've moved on, so should Hollywood. Still this is a reasonable recommend for anyone without any knowledge or care for history.

Saw 1917 in the theater tonight with D-Box seats.  Such a good movie.  I don't think seeing it on a Televison screen would do it justice.

If you have a chance to see it in the theater do it.

Spoiler

Nearly jumped out of the seat during the scene with the rat in the tunnel.  The combination of the D-Box seat movement made it a shocker.

It had been a while since I watched There Will be Blood. What a combination of cinematography and sound. One of my favorite movie clips of all time. 

Terminator: Dark Fate

Not Necessary/10

It was fine, but there's no real reason for this to exist. Some very good action scenes were in there, though. I would have preferred a sequel to Genisys, honestly. I still don't get the hate that movie received. 

That franchise is dead, dead, dead.

Just finished season 4 of Better Call Saul

Spoiler

Really good show and Jimmy just keeps finding new ways to get in trouble. How he keeps his good looking girlfriend is beyond me.

Salamanca family is really crazy.

Nacho goes through some major changes.

Have to like Mike and how he goes about his business.

Edited by Redondo

On February 9, 2020 at 7:04 AM, Redondo said:

Finished "Thieves of the Wood" on Netflix

Story of a Belgium Robin Hood in a way. Nothing spectacular,  but worth watching IMO.

Halfway through the series.  Good, not great, but I'm enjoying it.

Started Fortitude on Amazon

About a town in the Arctic that has some things disrupt the peaceful city. It's in English but I still use CC. The Brits will say some things that I miss if I don't.

@Lou you will see some familiar faces.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=fortitude+amazon+prime

On 2/14/2020 at 5:41 PM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Watched Big Fish which I've seen multiple times but haven't watched it in probably 5 years.  Always liked it and it's one of those movies I enjoy more each time I watch it. 

Saw that movie at The Grove and bumped into Jason Alexander while putting butter on my popcorn. He said “Where are the napkins? There’s never a enough napkins!’” while flailing his arm everywhere. Total Seinfeld style moment. That dude didn’t have to act in that show. He was just himself. 

12 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Saw that movie at The Grove and bumped into Jason Alexander while putting butter on my popcorn. He said “Where are the napkins? There’s never a enough napkins!’” while flailing his arm everywhere. Total Seinfeld style moment. That dude didn’t have to act in that show. He was just himself. 

That story is epic, if true.

13 hours ago, Lhalo said:

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

That story is epic, if true.

george costanza seinfeld GIF

10 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

It would be an odd lie for me to make up. That's for sure.

To be fair I was trying to pull up a Coco The Monkey gif, where he is swinging his arms in the air. I couldn't find a good one, and saw that gif, and just went with it. 

george costanza monkey GIF