• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Saw Bad Boys For Life yesterday.

Spoiler

Like the other two movies, there was lots of action, car chases, and banter between Martin Lawrence and Will Smith.    The movie definitely set up another sequel in the future with that ending.   This one has 77% so far on Rotten Tomatoes, not bad given it's been 17 years between the 2nd and 3rd movies.  

On 2/11/2020 at 11:09 PM, Lhalo said:

Watching Gangs of New York right now. What a total crock of shit this movie is. Historically inaccurate setting with a god awful wandering unfinished plot. Was Scorsese coked up when he directed dumpster fire? The only sense of relief is Daniel Day Lewis’ acting’s skills. It’s a Miramax film so I take comfort knowing that every actress in this tragedy had to lick Weinstein’s taint. 

Yeah it's a major turd

I went round trip to Miami last week and caught 2 movies each way.

Joker - 9/10 

Excellent!

Zombieland 2 - 7/10

Good fun!

Terminator Dark Fate - 7/10

I really like everything about this aside from the stupid Arnold stuff. Just terrible what they chose to do to explain his character in this one.

Creed - 9/10

Can't believe how much I enjoyed this movie. 

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I went round trip to Miami last week and caught 2 movies each way.

Joker - 9/10 

Excellent!

Zombieland 2 - 7/10

Good fun!

Terminator Dark Fate - 7/10

I really like everything about this aside from the stupid Arnold stuff. Just terrible what they chose to do to explain his character in this one.

Creed - 9/10

Can't believe how much I enjoyed this movie. 

The first Creed, or Creed 2?

Came across and finished season 1 of Counterpart.  I like it but I know it ended after two seasons which I don't believe was planned and I'm really hoping season 2 doesn't end on a cliff hanger or with a lot of unanswered questions.  Also finished season 1 of Cardinal which is entertaining in a lower budget gritty serial killer drama kind of way.  It may not necessarily be lower budget but it's a Canadian show and has that less than Hollywood vibe to it which isn't always a bad thing.  

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Came across and finished season 1 of Counterpart.  I like it but I know it ended after two seasons which I don't believe was planned and I'm really hoping season 2 doesn't end on a cliff hanger or with a lot of unanswered questions.  Also finished season 1 of Cardinal which is entertaining in a lower budget gritty serial killer drama kind of way.  It may not necessarily be lower budget but it's a Canadian show and has that less than Hollywood vibe to it which isn't always a bad thing.  

Liked both of these, especially Cardinal

Netflix:  Ragnarok.    Not to be confused with Thor Ragnarok.  But both had Thor in it.  Weird.  Anyways.  This is a Norwegian show.  So it's interesting to see their viewpoint on Norse mythology.  They definitely don't treat this like a superhero movie, and deal with it more in the mythos of the Norse Gods and Giants, but in a present day society.  The overall story is the Gods left, and the Giants stayed and blended in with the humans for centuries.  They become the rich guys that don't care about humans and the environment.  It's an interesting series, but it's different.  Probably not for everyone.  

7 hours ago, Lou said:

I asked because Better Call Saul is on AMC 

We prefer to wait and binge watch the seasons. Works for us.

Plus the added bonus of being able to pause the show to take breaks.

Quite the dilemma, isn't it? A little play on all the English shows we watch. Why do they seem to end the sentence in a question? Strange, don't you think?

Edited by Redondo

On 2/21/2020 at 10:44 PM, Tank said:

Oh man, you’d love it! 

Lots of interesting characters in ethically challenging situations. My favorite was how this one young man was at a public pool on a hot day where he faked drowning so that this scorching hot female lifeguard would have to give him mouth-to-mouth. It’s an epic scene and frankly, I’m surprised you haven’t seen it.

Image result for wendy the lifeguard sandlot

On February 25, 2020 at 4:08 AM, Redondo said:

We prefer to wait and binge watch the seasons. Works for us.

Plus the added bonus of being able to pause the show to take breaks.

Quite the dilemma, isn't it? A little play on all the English shows we watch. Why do they seem to end the sentence in a question? Strange, don't you think?

I'm the same way about binging. Haven't started Better Call Saul. 

It is strange how they do that, innit? 

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Narcos Mexico  Season 2 Pretty much picks up where season 1 left off.  Really good season like season 1.  And hopefully they continue another season or more.  Definitely worth the watch.

Agreed. Really enjoyed this last season, especially Scoot. I also can’t shake the idea that the dude that plays Miguel Angel Felix Gallardo is basically a Latino Edward Norton.