• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

18 hours ago, Taylor said:

I saw a bunch of movies last week. Here are my updated rankings:

I have seen zero of these films.

I did see Bohemian Rhapsody which is not on your list, and everybody has been raving about it.

It was good, not great.

Finally got around to watching Game of Thrones Season 8.

I thought it was good, except maybe it was compressed down into too few episodes.

Somehow I had avoided seeing all the spoilers on the internet, although I was not completely surprised when

Spoiler

Jon Snow killed Daenerys Targaryen

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

I did see Bohemian Rhapsody which is not on your list, and everybody has been raving about it.

It was good, not great.

Also as a result of my HBO free trial (which ends tomorrow so I need to cancel) I saw the Deadwood movie.

It was amazing to me that they were able to get all those actors back from the series to do this film.

The movie was not great but as a big Deadwood fan it was fun to watch.

16 hours ago, Tank said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'd like to see it again.

I still wonder about the golden dice and what they meant to the story.

Spoiler

Not really a spoiler.  But the Golden Dice was an Easter Egg in the original Star Wars movie.  I guess someone thought it would be funny to have them in the cockpit, ala the hanging dice from the rear view mirror, but after the one scene, they never really appeared.  The expanded universe then made a story about them, which varies but involved gambling and winning the MIllenium Falcon.  Although the dice are never specifically referenced.  But then Solo changed the meaning again, since the dice weren't used in winning the Falcon.  So the dice has some sort of meaning about his past Corellia past now.   

5 hours ago, Jay said:

Finally got around to watching Game of Thrones Season 8.

I thought it was good, except maybe it was compressed down into too few episodes.

Somehow I had avoided seeing all the spoilers on the internet, although I was not completely surprised when

Hide contents

Jon Snow killed Daenerys Targaryen

The further away I get from this the more disappointing it was. 

Netflix:  VWars  Hey Lou, I graduated from Zombies to Vampires.  Interesting concept of a vampire series.  Has some big plot holes in it.  Some things don't make sense.  Be quiet Lou, vampires make sense.  It was enough to keep me interested, but not enough to keep me engrossed in it.  Would be good for those that like vampire flicks.  But probably not for everyone else.

21 hours ago, Jay said:

It was good, not great.

I agree that Bohemian Rhapsody was good and not great. It had no business being nominated for Best Picture.

I didn't include it because it came out in 2018. My list is movies released in 2019.

53 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I agree that Bohemian Rhapsody was good and not great. It had no business being nominated for Best Picture.

I didn't include it because it came out in 2018. My list is movies released in 2019.

You found over 50 movies better than Richard Jewel.

also Joker at +30?

I watched Ad Astra on a flight early last month and the main reason I didn't change the channel is because it was a jet blue flight and they only play three movies while the other two sounded even less appealing.  The plot was pretty bad, some of the scenes really didn't seem to fit and I can only assume it was written by someone with daddy issues.    

Movie:  Jumanji the Next Level  This was one of those movies where you check everything at the door, and just enjoy the movie.  It was fun and entertaining, as long as you don't try to read too much into it, and just enjoy.  One thing I'd recommend is watching the first/second one first as a refresher before seeing this one.  It's a good theater or streaming film.  

On 1/2/2020 at 9:46 AM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I watched Ad Astra on a flight early last month and the main reason I didn't change the channel is because it was a jet blue flight and they only play three movies while the other two sounded even less appealing.  The plot was pretty bad, some of the scenes really didn't seem to fit and I can only assume it was written by someone with daddy issues.    

Well, that's a superficially accurate take,  but there's a lot more to the movie. I didn't like it as much as Arrival or Annihilation, but it fits in the same mold of recent quality "high concept" science fiction.

On 12/15/2019 at 7:56 AM, Redondo said:

Started Dogs of Berlin last night on Netflix. First episode was interesting so I'm looking forward to watching more. German language so you need to use subtitles. @Lou you might like this if you haven't seen it yet.

just watched the first episode.  looks like it's going to be a good show.