• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Amazon:  Expanse Season 4  In case you don't know, Amazon Studios bought/took over the rights to Expanse.  It was still as gritty as the first 3 seasons.  I think they dumbed it down a little bit though, and tried to fit the storyline in one season instead of over 3 seasons.  There is a subplot that goes to the next season, which is interesting.  But nothing compared to the protoplasm line.  Also, Mike Napoli was his usual hilarious and badass self in season 4.  If you liked season 1-3, you will like this one.  Overall, this is one of the better sci fi series around.  So I think it's definitely worth a watch if you are even remotely interested in sci fi.  

Netflix:  The Confession Killer  A short Docu Series about Henry Lee Lucas who admitted to killing over 100 people, and is still attributed to killing over 200.  He also drove to Japan and killed some people there.  This is one of those documentaries that should go into the Cops are Great thread.  Netflix is really getting good at these serial killer documentaries.  Although in this one, it really seems like he really didn't do it.  A good one to watch for history or crime buffs.

Movie:  Knives Out.  It was a good movie.  I think expectations were a bit high for me, and I think I went into it thinking it would be different type of movie.  I thought it would be more haha comedy, and I thought it would be more of a clue type murder mystery.  It was more subdued comedy.  And it wasn't really a murder mystery, in the true sense.  Sure, there was the turn at the end, but it wasn't the murder mystery type turn.  More of a Chris Evans is an ahole type turn.  Not sure I liked Daniel Craigs Georgian accent either.  They poked fun at it, but it was more distracting than funny for me.  Jamie Lee is still a fox, and she needs to be in more films.  To me, more of a cable type movie than a theaters movie.

I recently saw the movie Ginger Snaps again, I wanted to introduce it to my girlfriend. Kind of a charming silly Canadian horror coming of age movie. I still enjoyed it, and so did my girl.

Also recently watched the show Barry, with Bill Hader, and I thought it was awesome. Funny, but also some poignant commentary on mental health and finding yourself.

Amazon:  Aeronauts  One of Amazons forays into movies to qualify for the Oscars.  Out in theaters in the beginning of the month to qualify for the Oscars, streaming by the end of it.   It's based on a true story about setting the high altitude record using a hot air balloon.  I thought there was something just off about it.  Might have been the use of the flashbacks instead of telling the story in a linear fashion?  Might have been just the initial portrayal of Felicity Huffmans character in the beginning that just didn't fit well.  In any case, this is more of a period art piece that is more of a taste thing, and geared more towards the Oscar crowd.

12 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Been getting in the spirit and watching Christmas movies the last few nights.  So far, I've gone through Bad Santa, A very Harold and Kumar Christmas.  Tonight it's Die Hard. 

Love Bad Santa. Watch it every year. 

Movie. Star Wars the Rise of Skywalker.   Yes

*edit.  First, duh on the title.  And to expand since I'm home now.  Minimal Rose.  Finn almost got annoying, but then they reigned him in.  He also only had a minor role.  The star was Rey.  And Kylo kind of wasn't as bad.  Definitely a theater movie.  

Oh, and Carrie Fishers scenes weren't bad.  They pulled that one out of the hat.  

Edited by gotbeer

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

*edit.  First, duh on the title.  And to expand since I'm home now.  Minimal Rose.  Finn almost got annoying, but then they reigned him in.  He also only had a minor role.  The star was Rey.  And Kylo kind of wasn't as bad.  Definitely a theater movie.  

Oh, and Carrie Fishers scenes weren't bad.  They pulled that one out of the hat.  

We’re going to see it after Christmas. I’m planning to rewatch The Last Jedi ahead of time just to refresh my memory. 

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I wasn't that impressed with the story.

Spoiler

In some ways it felt like Star Trek  VI, a reunion show to give the original stars a final bow.

As for the story, felt like they took a lot from the original.  R2D2 with a secret message.  Rey, Poe, Finn, Chewie running through the Star Cruiser echos back to Leia, Luke, Han, Chewie doing the same thing.

Having to destroy an antenna, very similar to the original.