Brandon

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

13 hours ago, Lou said:

Hot Fuzz?

I don't know how it holds up today, but Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were solid British comedies over ten years ago. I want to say mid to late 00's.

Mr. Robot is excellent this season. Every episode has been incredible and moved the plot forward (even that weird episode where they were wandering through the woods).

Ford v. Ferrari was fantastic. I'm not a fan of racing/cars, but it was still a fun watch. It sometimes felt a bit too polished and several of the characters were one-dimensional, but overall I really enjoyed it.

Edited by Taylor

Watched episodes 2 and 3 of The Mandalorian. It was predictable but good. Picked up a fair amount from episode 1. 

Anyone know how often new episodes are coming out? 

Have never seen Pinocchio so I watched it last night. Garbage. I’m sure for 1940 it was pretty good, but seeing it through the lens of 2019 wasn’t good.i knew elements of the story as well as all of the music, but I don’t think I liked anything about the actual story.

Just now, Tank said:

Gracias. Extra vegan pumpkin pie for you tonight.

I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far. My son wants to watch it with me, and I didn't tell him I already started it. So we will probably watch 1-4 on Sunday. Bought our tickets for Rise Of Skywalker yesterday.

4 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far. My son wants to watch it with me, and I didn't tell him I already started it. So we will probably watch 1-4 on Sunday. Bought our tickets for Rise Of Skywalker yesterday.

Nice. 

We’ll probably see it when we’re in Carlsbad. Will drag my wife and daughter kicking and screaming to the theater.

Netflix:  American Horror Story  Still watching it.  Season 1 was a good start.  Some seasons have been good.  Some bad.  But Season 7, episode 1 has to be the greatest episode in the history of media.  Overall, they could have done the horror better, especially for cable.  It's a step above of network tv type programming.  But it's entertaining.  

6 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  American Horror Story  Still watching it.  Season 1 was a good start.  Some seasons have been good.  Some bad.  But Season 7, episode 1 has to be the greatest episode in the history of media.  Overall, they could have done the horror better, especially for cable.  It's a step above of network tv type programming.  But it's entertaining.  

Season 2 is the best season.

The Irishman (netflix) Pesci, DeNiro, Pacino.

The movie itself was OK...Maybe a C+..but what struck me was the fact that all the main characters in the real story, were portrayed by actors that were 20 years older than they were at the time.

Hoffa was 62 when he disappeared and Pacino is nearly 80 (and he looks even older than that)

I had a hard time with the whole movie because of it.

1 hour ago, Homebrewer said:

The Irishman (netflix) Pesci, DeNiro, Pacino.

The movie itself was OK...Maybe a C+..but what struck me was the fact that all the main characters in the real story, were portrayed by actors that were 20 years older than they were at the time.

Hoffa was 62 when he disappeared and Pacino is nearly 80 (and he looks even older than that)

I had a hard time with the whole movie because of it.

I liked it. The age thing didn’t bother me because the quality of the actors. Some interesting historical references in that movie and some of the accusations made it good to follow. 

i enjoyed the irishman.  pesci's performance especially.  i also liked the tone of the whole movie towards organized crime.  less sentimentality than scorsese usually shows with the subject, and it really worked. the little blurbs that showed up on screen for how some of the smaller characters died were pretty neat, too.