• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

4 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Just watching the final episode of Season 1 of The Fall. Very good, nicely paced and really draws you in. Gillian Anderson is excellent.

Do any of you guys use the subtitles for the Northern Irish accent? Just curious.

Thanks @Lou 

Even though I fought with the IRA for three years, I use the subtitles. Easier to follow certain parts of the dialogue.

Edited by Tank

8 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Just watching the final episode of Season 1 of The Fall. Very good, nicely paced and really draws you in. Gillian Anderson is excellent.

Do any of you guys use the subtitles for the Northern Irish accent? Just curious.

Thanks @Lou 

I always use the CC

You miss too many words if you don't use it

32 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

I often used it for The Wire, especially if Snoop was talking. That was a tough accent to tune in to.

I actually use it for all shows now so I don't miss things

Like when they whisper or loud noise in the background 

Netflix:  Taken  So a docuseries about people who got abducted/held captive.  It's kind of interesting seeing what happened.  In most cases though, if you are near a war zone or a poor country, what did you think would happen.  The last episode was almost unwatchable, because they were SJW peace love dope people who had it coming.  Overall, it's probably a pass series.  It just wasn't gripping enough, and didn't have enough information, even for historical buffs.  

wife really enjoyed The Fall so i'm saving that for the afternoon when she gets home.

therefore i began Unforgotten this morning. interesting show as the police (or should i say coppers?) try to unravel a missing persons case from 1976.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

wife really enjoyed The Fall so i'm saving that for the afternoon when she gets home.

therefore i began Unforgotten this morning. interesting show as the police (or should i say coppers?) try to unravel a missing persons case from 1976.

I enjoyed both shows

14 hours ago, Tank said:

Thanks, @Redondo!

1 hour ago, Tank said:

Last time I recommend shows. 

Netflix:  Tokyo Trial  A 4 part docuseries about the War Trials after WW2 in Japan.  It's an interesting historical series seen at the perspective of the Judges.  It's almost too short of a series, as there was much more of the story that probably should have been told.  It also almost made a mockery of the trial, in that justice was predetermined, ie to the victors go the spoils.  For any history fans, this is a very good series to watch.