• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm Starting to Believe - A Stroll through Angels History and a Look at the 2022 Club

10 hours ago, gurn67 said:

How much better is the defense?

Angels are 23rd is strikeouts per 9 innings. However, they're 1st in lowest batting average allowed. Last year, they were 11th in strikeouts per 9 innings and 19th in batting average allowed. So, they're allowing more contact, but giving up a lot fewer hits. That normally doesn't happen. I'm sure there has been improvement in defensive positioning, but guys are also making plays.

Last year Joe had his defense positioned with their backs facing the batter, so having them turn around and face the right way has lead to a significant improvement.

• 2 months later...

30 years ago in the early morning hours of May 22, 1992 the Angels team bus traveling to Baltimore crashed injuring 13.

Manager Buck Rogers, Gary DiSarcina, Junior Felix and Rod Carew were among those injured. 

The team finished in 5th place with a record of 72 - 90.

This season has been a bit of a wreck.

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Anyone remember anyone saying Dipoto will never work in MLB again?  Me neither.  Just another “fact”. 

It's the same people who said having games on so many platforms is great for the game.

The shit didn't really start hitting the fan until a week or two after this game. This was May 11, the Angels went up 21-11, which was technically their highest winning percentage (.656) of the season, unless you want to count 14-7. They then won 3 of their next 5 to get to 24-13 (.649), the only time they were 11 games over, then went 3-4 to get to 27-17, the last time they were 10 games over. But I think 6-6 isn't terrible, and the losing streak started after 27-17 (.614), which was May 24.

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

The shit didn't really start hitting the fan until a week or two after this game. This was May 11, the Angels went up 21-11, which was technically their highest winning percentage (.656) of the season, unless you want to count 14-7. They then won 3 of their next 5 to get to 24-13 (.649), the only time they were 11 games over, then went 3-4 to get to 27-17, the last time they were 10 games over. But I think 6-6 isn't terrible, and the losing streak started after 27-17 (.614), which was May 24.

So, does that mean... You jinxed us?.... Thanks Man! Remind me to never take an outstanding plane ride with you....