• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Announce Summer Concert Series Presented by Budweiser�

Chuck

ANGELS ANNOUNCE SUMMER CONCERT SERIES PRESENTED BY BUDWEISER

Concerts to follow Angel games throughout the Summer

ANAHEIM, CA – The Angels announced today Angel Stadium will host four post-game concerts this summer presented by Budweiser. The concerts will feature a variety of successful bands and artists taking the stage on June 22nd, July 20th, August 16th, and August 17th following the completion of the Angel games.

The summer’s post-game concert series kicks off with multi-platinum recording group, Big & Rich on Saturday, June 22nd following the Angels and Pirates game. Since bursting onto the country music scene in 2003, Big & Rich has produced successful studio albums and popular hits including the triple platinum album entitled “Horse of a Different Color” and platinum hit “That’s Why I Pray”. Other popular tracks include, “Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)”, “Comin’ to your City” and “Lost in This Moment”.

Billy Currington will take the stage for the second concert on Saturday, July 20th following the Angels/A’s game at 6:05 p.m. Since signing with Mercury Nashville Records in 2003, Currington has produced three platinum tracks while selling over eleven million units and two million records. His four albums have produced nine singles and six number one hits on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts, including “Pretty Good at Drinkin’ Beer”, “That’s How Country Boys Roll”, “People are Crazy”, and “Good Directions”.

The final two concerts will be part of a two-night “Flashback Weekend”, featuring Queen Nation on Friday, August 16th following the Angels-Astros game at 7:05 p.m. and Rain after the 6:05 p.m. Angels-Astros game on Saturday, August 17th. A local favorite, Queen Nation is a tribute band that has toured various venues throughout the country and will perform popular hits from the British rock band, Queen. Rain is a Beatles tribute band that has performed Beatles songs all over the world including shows on Broadway and in London.

The Angels will also wear retro uniforms during “Flashback Weekend”, sporting the franchise’s 1972-1988 uniforms on August 16th and 1966-1970 uniforms on August 17th. The authenticated uniforms will be available for auction on angels.com during the month of September.

I've heard that Queen Nation is pretty awesome.

I'd rather watch a solid tribute band playing songs that I recognize and like, than sit through the likes of Ne-Yo, Taio Cruz, or watch some other talentless dickhead make a bunch of noise.

I agree, I've seen the fab four at the oc fair a couple times and its a blast.  I'll definitely be going to both of these games!

I have to credit the Angels with the saturday post game concerts the last several years. This is a worth while effort and I hope they continue to do this in the future. I have heard real good things about both tribute bands. I prefer to hear original artists but if your going to see a tribute band these are possibly two of the best. I hear the Journey tribute band is very good too. That would have been a good one to see as well.

From Mets Blog:

Meet the Mets

With Foreigner in the building to play a post-game concert, the Mets were left seeing Double Vision as they fell to the Cubs 6-3. Shaun Marcum has played Head Games with Mets fans all season, trading good and bad outings but he certainly wasn't a Juke Box Hero last night. David Wright's baserunning blunder made it Feel Like The First Time he'd ever ran the bases. The Mets' offense, meanwhile, wants to know what runs are (cut me some slack here, that was a tough one).

20130608_mje_ae5_984.0_standard_500.0.jp

You GOTTA be kidding me!!  TRIBUTE bands???  Nobody is gonna wanna come and see a tribute band..

I've had 6 people tell me that they are going to that game now.

Zero to tell me that they are going to see the 2 hicks.

I agree, I've seen the fab four at the oc fair a couple times and its a blast.  I'll definitely be going to both of these games!

The Fab Four are great. Years ago, I used to go watch them play every Tuesday night at Music City in Fountain Valley. After a few months, you couldn't even get in the door anymore it was so packed. They are spot on too. Especially the McCartney dude. 

You GOTTA be kidding me!!  TRIBUTE bands???  Nobody is gonna wanna come and see a tribute band.. 

There are a couple of Beatles tribute bands here in Vegas. I'm sure they could hire one of them and hold a "turn back the clock" night. Party like it's 1962.

Seems like entertainment on the cheap to me.