• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you trade Howie Kendrick at the Trade Deadline?

Chuck

Trade Howie Kendrick at the Deadline?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Howie Kendrick for pitching prospects at the deadline?

• Yes, trade him. Promote Taylor Lindsey
    • No, keep him. He's going to win batting titles.

Personally, I'm going back and forth on this. Out of all of our tradeable players, Howie may bring the most return in a trade.

Consider this: Taylor Lindsey is very Howie Kendrick-ish already, but a lefthanded version.

I currently have Lindsey ranked #1 in our mid-season prospect list.

In a tough league to hit for power, Lindsey has put up a .807 OPS. 10 HR's, 13 2B's, 2 3B's and a solid 24/37 walk/k rate.

Consider this. Trumbo hit just 15 HR's a year before he smashed 36 in AAA, while Trout hit just 11 in AA Arkansas.

No. Offseason. Give Lindsey a cup of coffee in September and then make a determination.

Cups of coffee don't really tell the tale though Scott.

Lindsey was praised in ST from Scioscia and Dipoto. 

If you can get two really good pitching prospects, I say go for it.

Cups of coffee don't really tell the tale though Scott.

Lindsey was praised in ST from Scioscia and Dipoto.

If you can get two really good pitching prospects, I say go for it.

Good point. I'd like to see him continue to rake in the 2nd half, though.

I think this is a decent trade opportunity. Howie is raking, and his value is probably the highest it's ever been in his career. Adding to this is his team-friendly contract. This might be the way to get some major league ready talent back.

Lindsey is having a good year down in Arkansas, and we'd have half a year to evaluate him on the MLB level.

Two prospects for a proven major league player?

Pass. 

I only trade Howie for proven major player in return.

I would trade Howie if we could get a top pitching prospect in return. A guy like Gausman or Zach Lee. Both the Dodgers and Orioles need a 2nd baseman

Few more question, who would be the possible suiters and who could we possibly get from them?

Braves, Orioles, Blue Jays, Rockies, Dodgers, Royals, Phillies, Yankees.

That is assuming we trade him in the offseason. At the deadline, take off Yankees and Phillies

It'll be a shame if we trade Howie because I believe he is becoming one of the better 2nd basemen in the league, but I think it is a move that has to be done. FA market is bad beyond Cano, Utley, and Infante. Get a pitching prospect or two and also deal Frieri for starting pitching

pitching is a premium in MLB, who needs a 2B so bad that they would trade a top level pitching prospect or two to get him? I doubt that kind of trade partner exists. 

Oh, and no to trading Kendrick unless there is a net gain fro the team - IOW a significant return.

Second base is kinda at a premium as well