• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are you listening to?

Glen

I think my favorite thing right now is Sirius/XM Shade 45 but during the afternoon with Jude and Lord Sear. The best thing is this thing called Hate It Or Love It where an average Joe Blow trying to make it in rap/hip hop plays his track then people call in to like it or bash it. It's unrated so it is like a Jerry Springer episode of ghetto goodness.

• 2 months later...

Hammerfall.  The first band I ever discovered online.  Back in the days of the 33.6 modem there was an online radio station called Hard Radio.  They mostly played European heavy metal.  They are definitely not for everyone.  Similar to Iron Maiden, "Dungeon and Dragons" metal.  Legacy of Kings and Renegade are two top notch albums IMO.

Hammerfall - Back to Back (Pretty Maids Cover) was the song I heard.  I spent weeks trying to find one of their albums with no luck.  I eventually was able to order it for $40 from Germany.  After a few years they gained enough popularity in the US (I think probably thanks to fledgling online radio) that you could usually find their albums at the bigger music stores like Amoeba.

My personal favorite is probably Living in Victory off of Renegade.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of a lot of newer music, but I have recently discovered Porcupine Tree and dig them a lot. Don't have access to YouTube at work, so I will have to post videos later. Check out some of their earlier stuff (early-mid 90s) for long compositional, progressive pieces, and some of their later stuff (most recent album was 2009's The Incident) for shorter, tighter (but harder) songs.

Those of you who like bands like Tool, Pink Floyd, Rush, etc, should like them.

I'm not a fan of a lot of newer music, but I have recently discovered Porcupine Tree and dig them a lot. Don't have access to YouTube at work, so I will have to post videos later. Check out some of their earlier stuff (early-mid 90s) for long compositional, progressive pieces, and some of their later stuff (most recent album was 2009's The Incident) for shorter, tighter (but harder) songs.

Those of you who like bands like Tool, Pink Floyd, Rush, etc, should like them.

"In Absentia" is my favorite PT album by far, but "I Drive the Hearse" is my favorite song. Will post a video later.

So, I basically listen to my Pandora channels...I have 44 of them...including the bands I mentioned above, plus others like Iron Maiden, Deftones, Metallica, Dream Theater, Radiohead, Muse, Queen, Queens of the Stone Age, Pixies, Epica...

One band I like that probably not many (if any) on this board have heard of is the Tea Party, out of Canada. They're huge there and in Oz, but never had much of an impact in the States. Their music ranges from heavy pop to Zep-like Eastern Blues to industrial-N I N-lite. Jeff Martin, their singer (and guitarist) sounds very much like the spawn of Jim Morrison.

As promised, my favorite Porcupine Tree song - it's got some Pink Floyd influences to be sure, but the lyrics really hit me.  Beautiful song.

Was it Cezero that mentioned Spock's Beard before?  I just got a notice that they have something new coming out in August.  I think losing NIck DiVirgilio has made them a different and less entertaining band.