• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are you listening to?

Glen

I got tickets too! Pretty excited. Seen the Avett Brothers 5 or 6 times. The only band that I have seen that does a better live show is The Decemberists. Just flew up to Portland to see them last week.

The same day we got Avett Brothers tickets, we also got tickets to see Danny Elfman Perfroms the Music of Tim Burton at the Honda Center. Saw it last year. It was pretty amazing. Taking my 7 year old this year. he will either dress up as Beetlejuice or Edward Scissor Hands.

That's so cool.  I've been an Avett Brothers fan since way before I and Love and You.  They used to come up here (back end of nowhere) and play shows, but they're way too big for that now.  

They're amazing.  I love bluegrass and hope they don't stray too far from it going forward.  

I also love Danny Elfman.  I soooo wish I could've seen Oingo Boingo live just once.  

I went to a couple of the Boingo Halloween shows when I was a kid. I was probably the only one there not on acid.

That is when I learned girls used shy teens to see concerts for free.

You should check out a band called Black Prairie. It is 4/5 of the Decemberists, but with a female singer. They have a lot of old time and bluegrass influence in their first couple of albums. A little more folky in the new one.

I went to a couple of the Boingo Halloween shows when I was a kid. I was probably the only one there not on acid.

That is when I learned girls used shy teens to see concerts for free.

You should check out a band called Black Prairie. It is 4/5 of the Decemberists, but with a female singer. They have a lot of old time and bluegrass influence in their first couple of albums. A little more folky in the new one.

I'm not much of a Decemberists fan but that Black Prairie band you described sounds great. I'm gonna go check them out.

I'm not much of a Decemberists fan but that Black Prairie band you described sounds great. I'm gonna go check them out.

Here is one of their instrumentals

Here is the video for their new single

and finally one of their more moody songs

The lead singer/fiddle player has pretty much reached the top of my "freebie" list and my wife is cool with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...