• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

What are you listening to?

Glen

17 minutes ago, Tank said:

Relax was a pretty big hit in the US. Pretty popular in the clubs back then.

Great tune. It was banned by the BBC over here for the lyrics. So everyone went out and bought it and sent it to number 1 in the charts. 

When Two Tribes came out, they had Two Tribes at no1 and Relax at no2 in the singles charts. Don't recall anyone other than The Beatles doing that back in the day, so they are in fine company. Shame they couldn't keep it up, they had a good sound and style over all.

10 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Everybody was releasing Metalica covers this past week. This one was easily the best...

That is an interesting album. Its a pretty diverse group of musical genres that contributed to the album. 

On 9/13/2021 at 10:17 AM, WicketMaiden said:

Great tune. It was banned by the BBC over here for the lyrics. So everyone went out and bought it and sent it to number 1 in the charts. 

When Two Tribes came out, they had Two Tribes at no1 and Relax at no2 in the singles charts. Don't recall anyone other than The Beatles doing that back in the day, so they are in fine company. Shame they couldn't keep it up, they had a good sound and style over all.

Great use of it in Body Double, my favorite DePalma film.

On 9/14/2021 at 6:37 AM, Jason said:

That is an interesting album. Its a pretty diverse group of musical genres that contributed to the album. 

Yeah, it's all over the place. A lot of artists I like on it but only a few tracks I'll probably revisit again. The Kamasi Washington version of My Friend of Misery is worth it just for the jazz / metal fusion I didn't know I wanted.

On 9/21/2021 at 9:21 AM, True Grich said:

Do you remember the 21st night of September...

Happy Sept. 21st!

9 more days for some dude from Berkley to wake up.  He's missing out.

Badmotorfinger by Soundgarden on the original single LP A&M vinyl pressing.  Got it on Amazon Prime for a decent price recently.

Make It Rain Money GIF

I just tracked down a copy of the original vinyl pressing of Porcupine Tree's Fear Of A Blank Planet album. This 4 sided version includes the tracks that couldn't fit on the cd, and thus were later released as the Nil Recurring EP. Taken together the additional tracks probably propel this to second on my personal all time list.

I always found 'Way Out Of Here' to be the high watermark for the album.  That standout guitar solo is perhaps unsurprisingly a guest appearance by Robert Fripp.