• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are you listening to?

Glen

Saw Black Sabbath at California Jam.

Ontario Motor Speedway. 1974.

Paranoid was an all time great rock album..

Others at California Jam a 2 day event. 

Rare Earth

Earth, Wind & Fire

Eagles

Seals and Crofts

Black Oak Arkansas

Black Sabbath

Deep Purple

Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Didn't Jackson Browne sit in with the Eagles at California Jam? I've seen footage. I think it was because Felder was at the hospital for his first kid's birth and couldn't make it to the show on time.

Edited by Ray McKigney

Didn't Jackson Browne sit in with the Eagles at California Jam? I've seen footage. I think it was because Felder was at the hospital for his first kid's birth and couldn't make it to the show on time.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Beats the hell out of me, Ray.
It was a rock event in like 74, man...250,000+ people.
We boiled a gunny sack of fresh peyote down to a couple gallons of tea.
The music was great, but completely incidental.
I remember getting lost in the parking lot for about 10 hours.
Found some friends (not the same ones I went with)and they took me home...well not home actually....they deposited me in my parents front yard (I wasn't living at home)
My dad found me asleep under a tree in the front yard when he went out to get the paper in the morning.
Good times.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Beats the hell out of me, Ray.

It was a rock event in like 74, man...250,000+ people.

We boiled a gunny sack of fresh peyote down to a couple gallons of tea.

The music was great, but completely incidental.

I remember getting lost in the parking lot for about 10 hours.

Found some friends (not the same ones I went with)and they took me home...well not home actually....they deposited me in my parents front yard (I wasn't living at home)

My dad found me asleep under a tree in the front yard when he went out to get the paper in the morning.

Good times.

So you had a good time then.

Saw Black Sabbath at California Jam.

Ontario Motor Speedway. 1974.

Paranoid was an all time great rock album..

e783166a9117d80a107be47bfb139fea.jpg

I was there also. Great concert. Remember quite a bit of the music. Had a hard time finding my car because we were all so tired.

Also saw Sabbath at Orange Show stadium in San Bernardino I believe late 1975. Peter Frampton left Humble Pie and it was just before he released the Frampton Comes Alive album. It was great to hear the wah-wah from his guitar for the first time.

If you want to listen to a great Steve Miller compilation get Anthology.

Journey from Eden is a great one, too.

Like Fleetwood Mac, and quite a few others, I liked the stuff before commercial success, much better than what came after.

One of the best parts of being old, is that we got to see all the great bands.

I left the OC for school in No Cal @18. A good friend of mine became an accountant for Bill Graham. I mostly avoid concert discussions like I saw this band or that band, because my list of them is so long. I got to do a lot of hanging out in SF at Winterland (Missed the Fillmore since it closed in 71 or so )

But Winterland was in full swing, and the Berkely Theater, and bigger shows at Cow Palace and Kezar.

Who remembers bootleg albums? Lots of them came from those venues.

Thanksgiving takes me back. I can be seen backstage during Van Morrison on The Last Waltz. I was there for the whole day, watching Scorsese and crew filming the live concert parts of that movie, but most of the time I was sitting next to Joni Mitchell and others where they were doing backup vocals off stage. I was unofficially put in charge of keeping a path free from cables...but for the most part I was involved in making sure there were plenty of "refreshments" close by, but out of camera range.

If you want to listen to a great Steve Miller compilation get Anthology.

Journey from Eden is a great one, too.

Like Fleetwood Mac, and quite a few others, I liked the stuff before commercial success, much better than what came after.

One of the best parts of being old, is that we got to see all the great bands.

I left the OC for school in No Cal @18. A good friend of mine became an accountant for Bill Graham. I mostly avoid concert discussions like I saw this band or that band, because my list of them is so long. I got to do a lot of hanging out in SF at Winterland (Missed the Fillmore since it closed in 71 or so )

But Winterland was in full swing, and the Berkely Theater, and bigger shows at Cow Palace and Kezar.

Who remembers bootleg albums? Lots of them came from those venues.

Thanksgiving takes me back. I can be seen backstage during Van Morrison on The Last Waltz. I was there for the whole day, watching Scorsese and crew filming the live concert parts of that movie, but most of the time I was sitting next to Joni Mitchell and others where they were doing backup vocals off stage. I was unofficially put in charge of keeping a path free from cables...but for the most part I was involved in making sure there were plenty of "refreshments" close by, but out of camera range.

That's awesome. I'm a huge fan of The Band. Joni Mitchell doing the vocal from the side of the stage during Neil Young's Helpless is hilarious though. Never a big Joni Mitchell fan. The rest of that movie is incredible though.

Edited by Ray McKigney

as much as i enjoy music, a majority of the albums i've bought over the years (maybe more as i've gotten older) have been greatest hits albums. there might be two or three songs on a regular album that i like, but the rest don't really appeal to me (i'm looking at you, harry connick). it's one of the reasons why itunes is quite possibly one of the greatest inventions ever. pick and choose shopping for music is outstanding.