• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If (when) Hamilton is batting 2nd again tonight...

Glen

So somehow he has snuck his PED use in despite being tested 3x per week? He must be a frickin genius to pull that off.

I don't know much about the testing LT, but I thought this was the first year they started blood testing for HGH. If that is true it could explain how he passed the tests. With your knowledge of health and training did MLB have a good test in place for HGH before? I haven't studied it I just hear that the cheaters are always one step ahead, especially with HGH. I am not saying he was cheating but I also wouldn't blame anyone who did. The gain outweighs the consequences.

I don't know much about the testing LT, but I thought this was the first year they started blood testing for HGH. If that is true it could explain how he passed the tests. With your knowledge of health and training did MLB have a good test in place for HGH before? I haven't studied it I just hear that the cheaters are always one step ahead, especially with HGH. I am not saying he was cheating but I also wouldn't blame anyone who did. The gain outweighs the consequences.

pretty much my theory. 

I say either openly allow PEDs with regulation, or go for very strict penalties as is done for olympic sports (multi-year bans for first offense, lifetime bans for repeat). The slap on the wrist penalties in MLB just encourage people to use despite the rules.

Texas was just upset that he didn't come back to them with the Angels offer. They weren't going anywhere near the 5/125.

The angels didn't have to beat the M's offer to sign Hamilton. No power hitter will want any part of Safeco.

Why would TX be pissed that he didn't comeback to them with the Angels offer if they were never going to sign him anyway?  

They were pissed because they wanted him.

I remember everybody on MLB network radio saying what a loss it was for Texas after Hamilton signed with us, and that Texas wanted him back. 

But yeah, revisionist history and hindsight.  We should never have signed him.

There was no real competition for Hamilton when he became a FA. Arte ended up bidding against himself. The fact that Texas didn't go all out to sign him should have been the Red Flag for all other teams. It was a stupid move by Arte to sign him to that bloated contract after his secon half collapse last season.

Four more years of his declining abilities and eight more of Albert. This franchise will be hamstrung for yhe duration of these megadeals.

uh wrong Bob.

Remember how pissed Texas was when they said Hamilton didn't give them a fair chance to sign him?  That sorta invalidates your point about Texas.

Total PR move to make save face with the fans who believe him to be the leader / face of the Rangers.

1. the PED argument is ridiculous. he can still hit the ball 470 feet when he connects. he's playing poorly because he's a stubborn 32-year-old with a bad approach.

2. i'm not sure where people are getting the idea that texas was pissed they didn't get hamilton. jon daniels merely said he was disappointed that hamilton didn't return for negotiations.

I didn't see it sorry. I was away and checked into the thread via phone and didn't see the post. yes HGH is now tested by MLB this year. However, there really isn't any demonstrable evidence that HGH really does anything to enhance the performance of an athlete. Basically HGH reduces body fat and increases lean body mass. Unlike testosterone it does not increase muscle mass or strength. 

As for Hamilton, because he is under special restrictions and testing measures, he does stand a risk of ending his career if he uses any illegal substance, enhancement or otherwise.