• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Technical issue led to delayed audio on Angels broadcast Thursday

Bally Sports West acknowledged technical issues that caused the audio delays in the Angels’ first regular season road game of the year on Thursday night.

“Last night’s audio delay was the result of technical issues,” a Bally Sports West spokesperson said. “Our team worked diligently throughout the night to troubleshoot and find a resolution.”

They expect the issue to be resolved for Friday night’s broadcast.

Bally Sports West and the Angels will be having their announcers work remotely for road games this season, continuing a practice started throughout the pandemic. Although most other teams have returned their announcers to the road, the Angels are continuing the remote setup this season.

Matt Vasgersian, who will often work from his home in New Jersey because he has other obligations, is the Angels lead play-by-play voice. Analyst Mark Gubicza worked from a studio in Santa Monica on Thursday night.

The Angels have used the remote setup for two seasons, continuing through broadcasts of Freeway Series games at Dodger Stadium last week, without this degree of audio issues.

On Thursday, though, the announcers’ commentary was often several seconds behind the action viewers were seeing on screen, prompting complaints from fans on social media.

Vasgersian said by text on Friday that Bally Sports West has been “working around the clock to get it right for tonight.”

View the full article

13 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Just don’t get the need for remote broadcasts anymore, and as mentioned most have gone back to in person broadcasts.

Have the Halos mentioned anything as to why it’s being continued?

One article I read a while ago said that it was "broadcasters' preference"--but then I read another one with a Vasgersian quote that heavily implied it was what the Angels/Bally Sport West preferred and he was just going along with it. 

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

One article I read a while ago said that it was "broadcasters' preference"

That was the phrase they used for the radio side.  Quote was in the below article.

https://awfulannouncing.com/mlb/nationals-orioles-tv-broadcasters-not-going-on-the-road-to-start-2022-season.html

TV side not traveling obviously has to do with MV being a mere part-time rental from MLB Network.

Was?  Yeah, no.

Maybe it wasn't as bad, but it is sill bad and this is nuts.

I like Matt Vasgersian.  He's gotta be questioning things now.  This is kinda making him look bad.  Unfairly.... ish.  

Also... I think someone mentioned it in the GameDay thread.  The direction has been bad.  Weird camera choices/timing. 

Oof.

Get it together, Bally Sports/Angels