• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Are you big mad that Arte has not had a press thing in the last 2 years ?

Just now, mmc said:

I think any fan hoping to hear anything enlightening should temper their expectations but I do think the owner has a responsibility to take some accountability for the team's performance, especially when he's known to be directly involved in baseball operations, rather than just leaving it to the front office

The accountability comes from how fans feel about Arte. Almost no one feels good about him. His accountability comes from lost revenue. Just like accountability for every other business owner. 

7 hours ago, mmc said:

I don’t think that what anyone says in these things hold much merit but I’ll maintain that this is a dumb thread.  The team has been a joke for awhile and it’s very telling that Arte has dodged the media for the last few years.  I don’t find it odd that anyone, especially fans would want to hear from ownership on the teams direction.  Not sure why that’s something to mock.

For some reason people here get offended when "outsiders" criticize arte and the org.

No fucking clue why. We're an embarrassment.

Has anyone actually thought that Arte's health may not be that good, and he wants to turn over all the day to day details for the organization to handle.  He has never been that great in handling press conferences anyway.  I personally don't feel he is involved much like he used to be, it's more like the organization keeps him informed of major changes out of courtesy.  The current year's mess was created by Minasian, can he dig himself out of it?  Personally I don't think he can.

1 minute ago, tomsred said:

Has anyone actually thought that Arte's health may not be that good, and he wants to turn over all the day to day details for the organization to handle.  He has never been that great in handling press conferences anyway.  I personally don't feel he is involved much like he used to be, it's more like the organization keeps him informed of major changes out of courtesy.  The current year's mess was created by Minasian, can he dig himself out of it?  Personally I don't think he can.

I think if this were true he'd have "stepped down" or sold the team by now. 

4 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Maybe he's been dead for a couple years and a shadow group is running the team.

I mean, AO does call him Weekend at Arte's.

On 4/7/2022 at 1:27 PM, UndertheHalo said:

I liked ardaya.  Sam seems to make sure everyone knows the angels suck.  Like whenever he can.  I get it’s his job to tell it how it is etc etc.  the angels have sucked.  But he just seems extra negative.  Like Ardaya a lot more.  Jeff Fletcher the GOAT tho. 

not saying you specifically feel this way, but if he's super critical of the angels one would think he would be incredibly popular around here.

On 5/9/2022 at 9:36 AM, Chuckster70 said:

I think the only person who cares is Sam Blum. He cares so much that he pinned his tweet about this on Twitter. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-09 at 11.36.18 AM.png

Good. At least someone in the media is willing to call him out. He's doing his job.

3 hours ago, ukyah said:

not saying you specifically feel this way, but if he's super critical of the angels one would think he would be incredibly popular around here.

Nah he's an "outsider". Only us angel fans on angelswin can be critical

2 minutes ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Respect to Arturo.  This is right out of the playbook of who owns the Charlestown Chiefs.  

I’ve been a fan of this team my whole life and I think I’ve just about had it. I’ll keep track of Trout but I’ll probably root for whoever Ohtani gets traded to until Arte sells. Fuck this org. 

59 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I’ve been a fan of this team my whole life and I think I’ve just about had it. I’ll keep track of Trout but I’ll probably root for whoever Ohtani gets traded to until Arte sells. Fuck this org. 

Sorry it took you so long to get here Larry. It’s better on the other side. 

• 2 months later...