• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Max Stassi to an extension (3 years, $17.5 million + $7.5 million club option for 2025)

mmc

• mmc changed the title to Angels sign Max Stassi to an extension (3 years)
  • mmc changed the title to Angels sign Max Stassi to an extension (3 years, $17.5 million + $7.5 million club option for 2025)

This is great news and it seems like it’s a good enough deal.  The Angels have got to figure out how to develop some catchers tho.  It’s been what ??? More than 10 years since Napoli and Mathis first started showing up in major league line ups.  I get what they’re trying do with Thaiss and I know what they tried with Ward.  I don’t know that those can be counted as successes. 

The Angels now have 7 out of 9 of their lineup locked up for the next four years or more: Stassi, Walsh, Fletcher, Rendon, Trout, Marsh, Adell. 

If they extend Ohtani, that's eight. If Rengifo emerges, that's nine. If he doesn't, they can float with the Wades and Duffys and then they've got Jackson, Paris, and Vera on the radar in 2-3 years.

backups are signing for 2-3 mil these days.  And Max can actually hit.   One of the success stories that we've had in recent years.  He a good defender.  Really good.  

Was totally wrong about acquiring him.  Probably never been more wrong.  

I had forgotten about him and his proximity to free agency so it's really nice to have that shored up.   Worst case outside of him getting hurt is probably 1-2 WAR even if he doesn't continue to hit.  

Completely worth it.  Nice job here.