• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

San Jose suing MLB

Love this idea. I seriously am starting to hate MLB more and more. The A's have one of the shittiest ball parks and they should be able to move to San Jose and MLB is a joke. They are seriously behind on technology by 100 years and the old people who run MLB are ruining baseball to the point I am starting to just not want to watch a lot of it anymore. Which is sad because I love baseball. 

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/city-of-san-jose-sues-MLB-over-oakland-athletics-proposed-move-061813

Selig, Torre and the rest of the old geezers are whats wrong with baseball and whats ruining baseball. Get someone young in their with fresh ideas. The only sport with two different leagues with different rules. Different umpires calling different balls and strike zones and no instant replay on getting calls right because "human element is great for the game" bull! 

It comes down to territory.  If the move to San Jose is within A's territory, I don't see the problem with the move, but if it's within Giants territory like the Giants are claiming, I understand the hold up.

The catch being while that may be fair for MLB teams, it isn't necessarily fair for the municipalities. Why should MLB in theory be able to prevent them from having their own franchise. At least that is what San Jose is thinking. Imagine if there were only the Dodgers and a city in Orange County wanted to have a team. Imagine the outrage that would occur. What MLB imho probably is terrified of is that via the courts they might lose the ability to have territorial agreements. What if MLB couldn't stop a third or even fourth team to move into markets like New York? I would expect MLB to apply enough pressure to the Giants to accept a settlement and allow the A's to move. It can't be worth the risk of this actually going to trial. IANAL though...

The move will not really make a difference. Do you really think that actual baseball fans in San Jose do not already have a team? Heck, the Giants stack that Cal League club with a ton of talent which has made most in the area Giants fans.

With that said, the Giants really should not be worried about the A's moving there. How many games have the Giants sold out the last few years? How about the A's? There is not a competition for a fan base there. 

The move will not really make a difference. Do you really think that actual baseball fans in San Jose do not already have a team? Heck, the Giants stack that Cal League club with a ton of talent which has made most in the area Giants fans.

With that said, the Giants really should not be worried about the A's moving there. How many games have the Giants sold out the last few years? How about the A's? There is not a competition for a fan base there. 

It isn't the average fan the Giants are all that worried about. It is the corporate dollars they are worried about. especially from Silicon Valley. Why buy a box at AT&T Park when you can get a box in town?

It isn't the average fan the Giants are all that worried about. It is the corporate dollars they are worried about. especially from Silicon Valley. Why buy a box at AT&T Park when you can get a box in town?

I understand but do you really see anything changing? if you spend time in the bay area it is obvious it won't. A Giants game is where you want to be seen, not the A's. A move to San Jose wont change that.

Bettman may be a jackass too...but you can't deny the success he's had in rebounding TV ratings. And that is where the money is.

Yup, and how many here would love a floor and ceiling to the salary cap in the MLB?  Bettman is taking a page from the NFL and trying to make all the teams successful, and not just the Yankees and Red Sox.  

It comes down to territory.  If the move to San Jose is within A's territory, I don't see the problem with the move, but if it's within Giants territory like the Giants are claiming, I understand the hold up.

If I remember right, didn't the A's waived their territory dispute with the Giants so that the Giants could build their stadium.  

I understand but do you really see anything changing? if you spend time in the bay area it is obvious it won't. A Giants game is where you want to be seen, not the A's. A move to San Jose wont change that.

Sure it could. I remember the late 80s when everyone was an A's fan and the Giants damn near moved to Tampa. Each team has the hardcore base and the bandwagon fans. Giants have won 2 of 3 World Series. They damn well better be winning the bandwagon war right now.

Sure it could. I remember the late 80s when everyone was an A's fan and the Giants damn near moved to Tampa. Each team has the hardcore base and the bandwagon fans. Giants have won 2 of 3 World Series. They damn well better be winning the bandwagon war right now.

Exactly...the year before the WS the giants were having trouble filling the ball park...sellouts every game since the WS win in 2010.