• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Universal DH?

Possibly, but I think the Angels would still have to pay $20M or more of his salary.  You just really don't have any idea what you'd get from Upton at this point (either from a staying healthy standpoint or an offensive production one).  Teams might just feel like getting a much cheaper, "safer" option or using the DH slot for a AAAA-type guy.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Possibly, but I think the Angels would still have to pay $20M or more of his salary.  You just really don't have any idea what you'd get from Upton at this point (either from a staying healthy standpoint or an offensive production one).  Teams might just feel like getting a much cheaper, "safer" option or using the DH slot for a AAAA-type guy.

I could see that though. We've paid out GMJR, AP#5, Hamilton, Wells... I think he could be a viable option for a NL Team at 8-10M for next year if we pay the larger part of the contract? At least might get us a lower level opportunity toolsy player back. Give me a RONDON!....

54 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Why can't you guys wrap your heads around the No Trade clause in Upton's contract?

I just don't see how this team is better without Upton. They may not be worse without Upton, but losing him means more at bats for some yet to be determined replacement level outfielder.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I just don't see how this team is better without Upton. They may not be worse without Upton, but losing him means more at bats for some yet to be determined replacement level outfielder.

Or, they could add a younger player? Or, even bring in a Free Agent? Or, include one in a deal with an arm. 

5 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Or, they could add a younger player? Or, even bring in a Free Agent? Or, include one in a deal with an arm. 

You aren’t getting anything back for Upton and you are still paying almost all of his salary. 

If the Angels were looking to acquire Upton from another team, what would you offer for him?

42 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

You aren’t getting anything back for Upton and you are still paying almost all of his salary. 

If the Angels were looking to acquire Upton from another team, what would you offer for him?

A nice sweater vest.