• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How the Angels Spent $450 Million and Became one of the Worst Teams in Baseball

for the same reasons I and others have stated the same in the past. Dipoto met with Hamilton's people at the winter meetings. Hamilton was already on their radar as a possibility depending on how other things worked out. It wasn't something Arte forced on Dipoto. Arte signs the checks and he lends his charisma in influence to sign big FA's to help seal the deal. Beyond that, it isn't Arte making the decisions or forcing the hand of the GM.

We really don't know who did what. We do know that this team is chasing Seattle for 3rd place and that both the Rangers and Cardinals are glad they didn't re-sign Pujols or Hamilton.

Who's to say they wouldn't have continued on their successful path with those teams? 

This team has built a reputation as a place where successful players come to wither and die.

If I were Trout I wouldn't care how much this team offered, I'd try to get away as quickly as possible. 

Who's to say they wouldn't have continued on their successful path with those teams? 

This team has built a reputation as a place where successful players come to wither and die.

If I were Trout I wouldn't care how much this team offered, I'd try to get away as quickly as possible. 

BS, that reputation only exists in message board lore.

Vlad Guerrero and Torii Hunter disagree.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/dec/14/sports/la-sp-angels-josh-hamilton-20121214-13

The Angels made another stunning free-agent splash Thursday, coming to an agreement with slugger Josh Hamilton for a five-year, $125-million contract just one day after General Manager Jerry Dipoto said a significant move was not "imminent, pressing or required."
At last week's winter meetings, Dipoto insisted he was focused "100%" on pitching and was satisfied with a position-playing lineup that was among baseball's most productive from last May 15 through the end of the season.
The Hamilton deal, according to a person familiar with the talks, came together "over the course of the last several days." Moreno and Angels President John Carpino visited Hamilton at his Texas home this week, another person said.

Walks like a duck.  Talks like a duck.  To some it's still a puppy.

you forgot the one where despite Dipoto saying he needed to concentrate on pitching, he met with Hamilton's people at the winter meetings. Hamilton was not a primary target, pitching was. Hamilton was however a fall back target if their pitching target(s) didn't pan out. And yes, Moreno and Carpino (and Mrs. Moreno) visited Hamilton to sell and seal the deal, which goes to what I mentioned before.

So I guess what everyone is saying is that we need a new owner.  Must need one that does not spend any money and turns the stadium into a large toilet.

Who said this?

People are upset with Arte not because he's spending money but how he's spending it. You can field a good team without dishing out 5+ year deals to aging stars.