• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rod Carew: Angels leadership doesn't want me involved with the club

Taylor

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s weird because they have honored him when he returned from heart surgery.  He’s involved when someone goes into the Angels HOF. His daughter has a statue at the stadium. This feels like he wants a role (no idea what role) that they are unwilling to give him. 

Maybe he's using a shrewd negotiation tactic. We'll have to consult our resident negotiation expert @Dtwncbad.

None of this would have happened if they had just let Victor Rojas be GM.

If Victor was GM, we would have won two World Series by now (yes two, we would have dominated so much they'd have given us two trophies at once), Trout and Rendon would have spent zero days on the IL, Canning would have won his first Cy Young, Weave would be our pitching coach, and Carew would be our hitting coach.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

It’s weird because they have honored him when he returned from heart surgery.  He’s involved when someone goes into the Angels HOF. His daughter has a statue at the stadium. This feels like he wants a role (no idea what role) that they are unwilling to give him. 

I don’t think it's weird. He's a part of the team's history and he's been appropriately honored and recognized.  That doesn't mean he should also have a role with the team.  There are only so many openings.  

5 minutes ago, True Grich said:

I don’t think it's weird. He's a part of the team's history and he's been appropriately honored and recognized.  That doesn't mean he should also have a role with the team.  There are only so many openings.  

I guess I didn’t articulate very well, because I agree with you completely. 

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

According to the tweet, it seems like they wouldn't hire him even if there were a role available.

In all seriousness I really don’t care who Rod Carew works for or doesn’t work for.  I would have no problem if the Angels had a role they thought would be well served by him, and I have no problem with him working for the Twins.

If the Angels specifically don’t want him working for them, it would probably be rational to think the have some reason that I don’t know about.

Interesting - what involvement does he have with the Twins?  

Sorry he feels that way -  he was involved with the club post-retirement, but I mean, at this point, I'm not sure what he wants - he retired before most of the current players were born, and other than taking photos with fans in the stadium, I'm not really sure what role he could play.