• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels hire Patrick O'Neal as secondary PBP announcer

mmc

15 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I disagree, I liked him. Kind of like Hudler who I know you hate and I loved. So I get it. 

Hope all is good and you've had a nice holiday season Jason. I'm finally getting settled in Tennessee.

Only problem is Hudler wasn't PBP. he's a color guy like Gubi. 
Might be strange, but i'd maybe give Trent Rush a shot.

18 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I didn't think he had the manic energy of Hud.  I just thought he didn't sound very knowledgeable and he sometimes came off as really awkward.

Glad you're settling in.  Holiday season was rocky on my end.  Was exposed to covid right before I was supposed to fly home to GA for the first time in three years, so I had to cancel.  I then tested positive Christmas day and was laid up dealing with it for several days after that.  I'm totally fine now, thankfully.

I'll be honest, I only caught 2-3 of the games he called so there's a small sample size that I'm going off of. Toward the end when I only tuned in for Ohtani at-bats I barely watched an entire game.

The holiday season for us was crazy. Had a nice Christmas gathering and then a going away party that was fun. Then it was all packing, all day every day, then loading up the truck. We arrived last Wednesday and I got the latest variant of Covid. Just got over it. Was like a seasonal cold, but oddly I got the freezing cold skin & lost my taste for a couple days like I did after I got my first vax shot last March which lasted two weeks.

Doing play by play seemed like he was out of his element last season. I like him and the sideline reporting he does for the Kings, but I'm not sure he's got the chops to do quality play by play. Willing to give him a chance. Hopefully we see a lot more of Vagersian this season.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

The real story is 16 years of Gubi.

That guy hasn’t had anything new or interesting to say for 15 years.

I can understand why this would be true for the past few years. It has been an eerily similar story for this team since their last pathetic playoff experience.