• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

4 hours ago, sportstr44 said:

Well.... The good news is we know he can absolutely destroy 80 mph fastballs on the inner half when he knows they're coming. And he can hit against pitching talent equally as raw as he is. The bad news is, he's already a bad runner at age 15, but he has a rocket for an arm. 

Basically, I just described Kevin Maitan at age 15. 

On 11/29/2021 at 3:05 PM, Angels 1961 said:

Before 1030 tonight Angels will have 1 or 2 moves which will bring smile to halo nation. This has been confirmed.

On 11/29/2021 at 3:08 PM, CanadianHalo said:

Why do you do this?

On 11/29/2021 at 3:43 PM, Angels 1961 said:

If this does not happen I will not post anything until after season begins.

By the end of the upcoming season, we should have a read on Jose Soriano.  Coming off of TJ, but still only 23 yoa.  If he can make a comeback from TJ number 2, and combining his upside with Bachman, Detmers, and Rodriguez, not to mention a couple of the others, the Angels may yet be able to piece together a staff loaded with power arms. 

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Keith
12:26
Are you higher on Adell or Marsh at this point? Assuming the angels move one for pitching which one you would prefer to keep?

Eric A Longenhagen
12:27
I'm taking Marsh but it's close, I'd still 69 both of them fwiw

Gross.

20 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Keith
12:26
Are you higher on Adell or Marsh at this point? Assuming the angels move one for pitching which one you would prefer to keep?

Eric A Longenhagen
12:27
I'm taking Marsh but it's close, I'd still 60 both of them fwiw

Two 60 grade MLB ready OFers....  Neither one prospect eligible.... 

"farm sucks!!!!"

15 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Two 60 grade MLB ready OFers....  Neither one prospect eligible.... 

"farm sucks!!!!"

Ha, right. I mainly posted that because some folks around here seem down on one or both, but I think that misses context. Both are are still excellent "prospects." A 60 FV grade is top 10, I believe, or close to it, and generally means a baseline likely outcome of an above average regular or better (meaning 3-4 WAR, at least).

I still have lingering fears that the Angels will do something stupid and trade one of them, but am excited to enter the season with two young outfield studs. I know I'm preaching to the choir, but we need to get out of this mentality that a prospect is either Brandon Wood or Mike Trout, and if he isn't Trout then he's Wood. People seem to forget that Trout's rookie season was one of the greatest in baseball history, and Trout one of the greatest players in baseball history (so far, at least).

21 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Ha, right. I mainly posted that because some folks around here seem down on one or both, but I think that misses context. Both are are still excellent "prospects." A 60 FV grade is top 10, I believe, or close to it, and generally means a baseline likely outcome of an above average regular or better (meaning 3-4 WAR, at least).

It's not just the prospects it's young guys in general.  People had all but punted completely on Suarez despite his age and the circumstances regarding his usage.  Canning is in the same boat now.  After 60 shitty innings in a season where he was bad and the defense behind him was worse he's fallen off the map for most Angels fans, it's hilarious.

Last year around this time I pointed to Sandoval's 2 pitch K rates and how he was in rare company..  This year I'm going to do the same thing with Canning.  His slider 27% changeup 21% K rates scream breakout.  Iglesias BTW sat at 31 and 25 SL/CU..  Gilolito 22/32 SL/CU.   Dude had an awful season but his ability to generate outs on his own bodes well regardless.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

It's not just the prospects it's young guys in general.  People had all but punted completely on Suarez despite his age and the circumstances regarding his usage.  Canning is in the same boat now.  After 60 shitty innings in a season where he was bad and the defense behind him was worse he's fallen off the map for most Angels fans, it's hilarious.

Last year around this time I pointed to Sandoval's 2 pitch K rates and how he was in rare company..  This year I'm going to do the same thing with Canning.  His slider 27% changeup 21% K rates scream breakout.  Iglesias BTW sat at 31 and 25 SL/CU..  Gilolito 22/32 SL/CU.   Dude had an awful season but his ability to generate outs on his own bodes well regardless.

In all honesty, I had pretty much given up on Suarez as I saw him as left handed Barria without the results.  He didn’t throw hard, he couldn’t control his 3rd pitch and he missed middle way too often.  I am not just pleasantly surprised I am now a fan.  He just turned 24 and should be part of our plans moving forward at least as a back end starter.  If he is part of a package to bring in Castillo or Marquez, I would be fine with that as well.  Suarez is the guy that has been around forever and his 2 years older than Detmers.  

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yeah, that was kind of my point calling them "prospects." Young players are essentially grad students, so still in development.

I hope you're right about Canning. Or rather, I hope i don't have to Lou You.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

In all honesty, I had pretty much given up on Suarez as I saw him as left handed Barria without the results.  He didn’t throw hard, he couldn’t control his 3rd pitch and he missed middle way too often.  I am not just pleasantly surprised I am now a fan.  He just turned 24 and should be part of our plans moving forward at least as a back end starter.  If he is part of a package to bring in Castillo or Marquez, I would be fine with that as well.  Suarez is the guy that has been around forever and his 2 years older than Detmers.  

I talked up his change at the same time I was pointing at Sandoval for a break out...   People underestimate the impact promoting a guy too soon can have or how long it can linger.  Suarez never looked like the pitcher I saw in the minors, he seemed at times to be trying to force the ball, push his FB up a little harder.  He's still got a ways to go with his other pitches but he's definitely figured out the change.   

1 hour ago, Angelsjunky said:

Yeah, that was kind of my point calling them "prospects." Young players are essentially grad students, so still in development.

I hope you're right about Canning. Or rather, I hope i don't have to Lou You.

Feel free to "Lou me" on my Sandoval and Suarez comments last year.  Or my Marsh comments when when he was in AA and was getting murdered by the park and people were punting on him.  👍

Rengifo though..   He still has time, but he's making me look like a dope.

54 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Feel free to "Lou me" on my Sandoval and Suarez comments last year.  Or my Marsh comments when when he was in AA and was getting murdered by the park and people were punting on him.  👍

Rengifo though..   He still has time, but he's making me look like a dope.

Yeah, I was always pretty high on Sandoval from the moment he came over. Suarez as well, but I was starting to doubt. I've also been a big fan of Marsh, and wasn't worried about him in AA. My only doubt started creeping in with a possible injury prone label.

I've also been predicting the "Rengifo breakthrough" for a couple years now. He just seems like he should be a pretty good player.