• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

51 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Touki pitching in relief for SLC.....3 straight clean 1 inning appearances....too small a sample size I guess but maybe he shows enough to stay on the 40 man over the winter and compete for a bullpen job in the spring....🤷‍♂️

Over past 9.2 innings (6.2 with Halos, 3 with SLC):
0 runs, 4 hits, 8/2 Ks/BBs

Makes you wonder if they found something and are fixing it.   He’s always had good movement, just didn’t know where the movement was taking the pitch.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

But the vast majority of success stories are the guys that sign for chump change and let's be honest, the reason is simple -- there are a ton more of them than the bonus baby ones...

and the fact that these guys are almost middle school aged when a commitment is required.  Where the physical component for these guys is far from set in stone.  

9 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Over past 9.2 innings (6.2 with Halos, 3 with SLC):
0 runs, 4 hits, 8/2 Ks/BBs

Makes you wonder if they found something and are fixing it.   He’s always had good movement, just didn’t know where the movement was taking the pitch.

Good question.  He has a lot of potential, but yeah - just never knew where the pitch was going.  Minasian is likely very familiar with him, given he was in the Braves' system.  I'm not expecting much, but again, this is where hopefully we can see the player developmental team earn their money and help make him a decent reliever at least.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Canning only has 64.2 innings pitched the past two seasons.

Ohtani only pitched 80 innings from 2017-2020.   He was able to then likely pitch close to 300 innings from 2021-2022.

Canning has one more chance, just like CRod does.   Neither can afford another lost season!

I would think it's best to just assume that anything we can from them moving forward is "gravy," so to speak.  I wouldn't count on them to produce too much.  I'm more hopeful that CRod can develop into a solid reliever, though, than I am that Canning will become a good SP for us.

I think we are okay, in terms of our SP.  We have a solid quarter in the majors, and have a few pretty good looking prospects who aren't far away.  I'd expect us to sign one SP, too.

Neto lead off the game with a double only for the next pitch of the game get drilled over the RF fence by Preston Palmeiro. Logan O’Hoppe then got an infield single to follow. 

2-0 Trash Pandas. 

BTW the game tonight is free on MILB.tv. I’m watching on my big screen via the Amazon Silk browser. 

E1EE0FDC-D226-48A0-ACEA-5B0E37346417.jpeg

18C206AF-84FD-4AD4-9FB7-9C9BCC6F39B0.jpeg

1FEEB624-9A56-4A89-8297-60D2618F89E3.jpeg

3 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Interestingly he wasn't even totally on his game tonight.  His FB command was pretty rough.  He was having issues locating the slider.  The change piece was filthy though.  Yet still managed to gut out 5 innings without giving up a run and whiffing 7.  It was great to see him pitch his way through this against a very very good offensive lineup for the cubs.  

https://www.milb.com/news/zach-neto-cherishes-the-moments-in-pro-debut
Good read on Zach Neto. 

Also a quick blurb about him from Baseball America:

Zach Neto, SS, Angels: The Angels' first-round pick has been dynamic since turning pro. The Campbell alum zoomed quickly to Double-A and finished his year with an .857 OPS between High-A Tri-City and Double-A Rocket City, where he's currently fighting for a Southern League championship. In the first game of the Trash Pandas' division series, Neto went 2-for-5 with a pair of doubles as well as two RBIs and two runs