• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols

Brandon

Ok, so the first pitch was a ball and it was subsequently called a strike. Big deal.  A hitter gets three, count them three, strikes per at bat.   Pujols still had two strikes to work with before being called out....what is the excuse now people?????  

He is paid to perform in crucial sitations.  He FAILED miserably.

I wouldn't be so pissed if he actually made a battle out of it. Striking out on 3 pitches with the bases loaded is about the most pathetic thing you can do. Doesn't matter who is on the mound.

Man i didn't even know it was on 3 pitches. 

Seriously pathetic. 

I can't believe that after 10 years of hitting .300 this is the product we get in year 12. 

It wouldn't have hurt so badly if it wasn't Mariano Rivera ass kissing day at the big A.

I thought that was the day before. For the record I have no problem showing the man a little respect. It's not like this is for Arod or Bonds. This was showing respect and honoring a great of the game who was respected in the game.

mlb_e_mopuhjols_576.jpg

Fat Albert struck out at these 3 pitches.

Talk about 0 pitch recognition.

LMAO    We got a future HOF'er, unfortunately we are paying for his HOF credentials earned with the Cardinals. That chart shows just how ludicrous his batting approach has become. I don't care if Rivera is an all-time elite closer, (which he is, and the amount of arse kissing that our organization shows the Yankees attests to) those pitches were not anywhere near the strike zone, and #2 and #3 shouldn't have been offered at. #1 was a poor call (evidently the umpire went to the same brown nosing class as the Angels brass). However, poor calls are part of the game, and Albert, the Hall of Famer to be, should be able to put that aside in a big situation and at least get a lousy single. Rivera was going to have to come over the plate. Pujols just needed to wait him out a bit - bases were juiced for crying out loud, it was the 9th, and the tying run was on 3rd with the winning run on 2nd. The onus was on the pitcher, no matter who he was, and Pujols being a veteran hitter with a history of coming through (with the Cardinals of course) should have recognized this and approached the at-bat as such!