• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols

Brandon

Pujols collects his RBI's because of where he hits in the lineup, but how many BIG hits has our prized FA signing had since he' been with us?

I want to say one or two.... That's pretty sad.

There was that one earlier this year....

...And I got nuthin' else.

This is what years of steroid use does to an athlete's body.

More accurately, this is what happens from years of drug abuse, although it goes back to before 2006.

That drug abuse eventually wreaks havoc on a body.

When it starts is unknown, but this quick decline could well be the abuse finally catching up to his body.

THAT's why Arte was crazy to give THAT contract to Hackilton.

Ok. If the Angels have Hunter instead of Hamilton and Williams instead of Blanton, what do you think their record would be? If you go by Baseball Reference's WAR, they'd be about +3 in the win column. 33-36. That's being generous with Williams' innings. That was also totally unexpected... which is the point.

I guess I'm more thinking of both this year and beyond.

That's a lot of money to waste on a guy with past drug abuse and who is 32 the first season

of the contract.

Pujols contract is just absurd, although part of it may have been securing the new tv deal.

Blanton is more of a current concern because they can easily release him after 2013,

and only eat $7.5 million.

Nibs Nibbler is the ultimate enigma so far in 2013.

Looks like a top 10 Cy Young ballot pitcher in many innings, but has one inning in many of

his starts where he might as well be Blanton.

The batting order looped in the 9th, Pujols had gone 2-3, walked and scored in the 9th and you turkeys are gobbling about who didn't step up their game?

Weaver didn't step up his game until he had let 5 Yankees score with 2 outs. That is who wasn't playing worth crap today, not the other 11 guys who tried to take back the game in the 9th.

I agree with this. I know Pujols missed his shot, but he's been doing well of late and Rivera is in the elite class. Weaver basically screwed up the game in the third , walking a no-bat to lead off the inning and giving up the homer when he badly fooled the guy the pitch before.

I mean, Weaver is the best so he deserves to be off once in awhile but this loss has to be laid at his feet.