• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels and Reds have discussed Castillo trade, remain far apart

mmc

5 minutes ago, ettin said:

I like Mahle.

Yeah, he obviously had a breakout season this year, yet will still be cheaper from a dollar standpoint than Castillo.  I just worry that if the Angels don't sign Stroman, they'll make a panic move and overpay for whatever their next move is.

Edited by jsnpritchett

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yeah, he obviously had a breakout season this year, yet will still be cheaper from a dollar standpoint than Castillo.  I just worry that if the Angels don't sign Stroman, they'll make a panic move and overpay for whatever their next movie is.

I hope it isn't an Adam Sandler movie.

4 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Good catch, Kevin James

Random notes: I used to write for Kevin Smith's website and went to see the 2002 Tobey Maguire SPIDER-MAN movie with him and Chris Ryall (comic book writer/editor/publisher) at the Cinerama Dome.  We at lunch at Bossa Nova on Sunset and almost got our cars towed.

That's all I've got...

On 11/28/2021 at 12:58 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Ill say this. And @Dochalo is likely going to throw a shoe at me and call me an idiot, but it "feels" different this year. In that we may actually finally do something drastic.

I know we all have angels winter hot stove ptsd. And the past several years have sucked for sure.

But I think we forget how bad of a corner we were in in the past several years.

@Inside Pitch had a post a few days ago about the 2016 team. Id actually forgotten a few things, like cj wilson and bad ending weaver being on that team. With pujols, wilson and hamilton costing 80 or so million that year for basically zero return, plus no farm, etc etc.

I think the past few years, its been "lock up trout, cant do much more than that". Everything else was wait till alberts gone.

essentially, i think theyre probably to the point where they want SOME sort of value from trout, before its too late. But more importantly, I think Ohtani just forced their hand. (Like trout in 2012)

I wouldnt be surprised if theres a sense of urgency thats one of "ohtani is only staying if we turn it around, quick", or "ohtani isnt staying, better try and win one with him and trout before we totally waste the oppurtunity"

I havent been too excited over the scherzer rumors, but it almost makes a ton of sense. Him and syndegaard arent here long term, but give us our least commitment but best chance to win quickly...

If the goal is to try and win before shohei leaves (or makes the decision to), its not a bad plan at all.

dude I totally agree with you and have been saying that it's my worst fear for this off season.  Where instead of Arte spending on a guy like Ray or Stroman, we're gonna make that drastic trade and move Marsh or Adell for two years of someone.   Then, we'll have that pitching everyone has been pining for even though our pitching wasn't that bad last year.  And then well have a lineup that has Upton, Rengifo and Fletcher with backup of Jose Rojas and Gosselin and Wade and Lorenzen.  And then we'll wonder why the bottom of the lineup is a black hole and we lead the league in runners left in scoring position.  Then a couple times a month Fletcher will slap a double down the line on a pitch at his eyes and people will get all hot and bothered.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

dude I totally agree with you and have been saying that it's my worst fear for this off season.  Where instead of Arte spending on a guy like Ray or Stroman, we're gonna make that drastic trade and move Marsh or Adell for two years of someone.   Then, we'll have that pitching everyone has been pining for even though our pitching wasn't that bad last year.  And then well have a lineup that has Upton, Rengifo and Fletcher with backup of Jose Rojas and Gosselin and Wade and Lorenzen.  And then we'll wonder why the bottom of the lineup is a black hole and we lead the league in runners left in scoring position.  Then a couple times a month Fletcher will slap a double down the line on a pitch at his eyes and people will get all hot and bothered.  

Being an Angel fan is hard 

3 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

better than the Kevin James UFC movie. I lasted about 12 minutes into that. 

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Must have had good lube.

Well, quite frankly, that was not the performance that carried the movie.